Thinking of selling, but not sure how to price it?

Don't do it! Not a day goes by that I don't regret selling my 99 XJ Classic that I saved from the crusher and put a new engine in. I often wonder if it's possible to track it down and buy it back.

As you probably have already realized, you can't put a price tag on the cost of labor-of-love.

Reactions: Tob
If I walked up to you in the street and asked “how much”? What would you say?
If you sell for less than that, you will regret selling it.

Permission to sell denied. Sorry, can't let this one get away.

Try us in 6 months.

Reactions: Tob
All,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. A number of the comments reflect what I already knew, i.e. selling would be a bad idea. After taking a step back, I've come to realize that I already have what I want. However, I don't have it the way I want it. At this point in time my plan is to forgo pursuing a 4 door and finish up with three pending upgrades that I already have parts for, i.e.:

- Installing a PSC steering system
- Removing my UCF aluminum skid and installing a Savvy Under Armor system
- Installing a UCF Ultra-High clearance bumper

While that's happening, I'm digging into understanding "anti-geometry" better, with an eye towards minimizing a minor wheel hop annoyance on long steep climbs. We'll see where this takes me.

Again, thanks to all for talking me off the ledge. I remember going to a dealer as soon as the 2004 LJ came out and dreaming about owning one. I couldn't afford or justify it back then, but I can today.