Thinking of selling my 48 Willys

Jeep9748

TJ Enthusiast
I am thinking of selling my 48CJ2A. Its all original and has an orginal military winter hard top. I started restoration, but I am looking to move and don't have the time anymore to finish it. I am thinking of selling it for 3k, it still needs finished. What does the community feel?

yes I know pictures help, but I have to get my dads pole barn to get them. I will have to get over there and get some.

It's kinda hard to say.

$3000:
A great price for something currently drivable and not rusted out.
An OK price for something maybe not running but still pretty much together and not rusted out.
Probably too high for a total basket case.

Where are you in Ohio? I know someone that may be interested.

$3000 depending on condition would be a good price.

This might help. I picked up this ‘48 last week. It runs flawlessly. New transmission. Rebuilt transfer case, rebuilt axles. The motor is all original, was only freshened up. It’s been converted to 12v. New top new tires.
I paid $6000 for it.

7a178301045b3c91960bbc19e601b81c.jpg

fea9b2a8c5bd8526414191defcf13603.jpg
0621657fdd5bfd48c4f542b7377a4543.jpg

Honestly, its between basket case and not running and pretty much together. I started the frame off resto years, managed to separate body from frame but its still on it. I replaced the suspension and was moving on to the body and engine, but deployments and life has caused me to now sell it. The military hard top is in perfect shape. and I do have the title.

$3000 depending on condition would be a good price.

This might help. I picked up this ‘48 last week. It runs flawlessly. New transmission. Rebuilt transfer case, rebuilt axles. The motor is all original, was only freshened up. It’s been converted to 12v. New top new tires.
I paid $6000 for it.

View attachment 85032
View attachment 85033View attachment 85034
My first Jeep was a 1948 CJ2-A. I would absolutely love to have something like yours.

Reactions: TJ_2000
My first Jeep was a 1948 CJ2-A. I would absolutely love to have something like yours.

My uncle brought this CJ2A back to life. When we decide to sell it, I couldn’t see it leave the family.
But thank you. I’ve admired and wanted to own this Willy’s for while now. And it’s an absolute blast to drive!! The Go-Devil may not make a lot of power. But that’s part of what makes it so much fun.

I remember that. Somewhere along the way I had picked up a small canoe paddle that I carried in mine. When I wanted more speed, I'd hollar "Paddle, Paddle!" to a friend who was with me. We got a few looks.:LOL:

That’s freakin awesome man! [emoji1787][emoji23]

I am thinking of selling my 48CJ2A. Its all original and has an orginal military winter hard top. I started restoration, but I am looking to move and don't have the time anymore to finish it. I am thinking of selling it for 3k, it still needs finished. What does the community feel?
Sell it. Don't worry about getting 3K out of it, make some kid happy. Nothing worse than unfinished projects collecting dust in the garage. Sure you'll miss it, that's how life works. They are common enough that you'll always be able to find a nice one again if you can't live without it. It might turn into the next 1st gen bronco or vw bus and you might also win the lottery. I mean all this is a positive way, I love those things.

Sell it. Don't worry about getting 3K out of it, make some kid happy. Nothing worse than unfinished projects collecting dust in the garage. Sure you'll miss it, that's how life works. They are common enough that you'll always be able to find a nice one again if you can't live without it. It might turn into the next 1st gen bronco or vw bus and you might also win the lottery. I mean all this is a positive way, I love those things.

As I read this I thought for sure you were the kid that wanted to be happy and were going to offer $500 or so. 😜

It is frightening to many of us just how many projects wind up out of the hands of those who would finish them that are owned by those who are going to get to them someday and never do. My dad had 2 Lincoln Caprice cars. One a 52 and a 53 with a Continental kit on it. He bought the 53 to get the kit for the 52. Complete running cars when he parked them 50 years ago. They sold for near scrap value when he died a few years ago. He wouldn't sell them while he was alive because he was always going to get to it.

• Sad
Reactions: Mikester86