Thinking of selling my TJ

What are best ways to advertise to sell used Jeeps these days, Market Place, any others you've used that you'd recommend? '03 TJR

I am no fan of Facebook, but I have used Marketplace effectively to sell Jeeps. I agree with the other member who is recommending you also post the TJ here. If you do post here, folks on this site are pretty discriminating. Make sure you post the Jeep with a lot of pictures of the body, interior, engine compartment and the undercarriage/frame (from multiple locations). Also, include detailed information about the condition of the Jeep and any upgrades and outstanding maintenance items. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
I'm trying to figure out WTF kind of crap show marketplace is and why it is that way. I'm not saying it doesn't work to sell but I haven't tried that.

What I am saying is how do you find any friggin' thing you want to buy? Yesterday my neighbor was selling her queen sized bedroom set on there. No I'm not looking for one but figured she could show me how to find it (or whatever). She had posted it just a few hours earlier but regardless of which of the 11 different filters she had me choose it wasn't showing up. I also wonder why every time I typed in my/her suburb with any "Custom Radius" it seemed to accept it but changed back to the main city with the same chosen radius when actually showing what's for sale. Heck even the date listed didn't let me choose any date but her ad didn't show up with the other 4 ads that showed up whether I chose "Last 24 hours" "Last 7 days" or "Last 30 days". Whatever zuckhead is trying to accomplish I'm pretty sure the number of ads probably grew over time.

FWIW, we know it actually showed up for sale in marketplace because she had several scammers contact her with somewhat strange requests about deliveries, paying with various electronic crap and one about meeting them in Walmart parking lot to show it. I do understand that she should go somewhere safe but we're talking about a 69 yr old lady selling a 5 pc queen sized bedroom set.

I'll finish this post by saying that @Zorba ain't too far off about anything.

I still use Craigslist. Putting it out on the street has worked well for me. I print up some flyers with pertinent info on them. Anyway you go you have to deal with Assholes. When I sell an item for large sums of money I meet them at my bank and have them check for counterfeit bills. I have not used the online payment systems such as Zell for large amounts other than most of my renters pay that way now which is less than $2500 each.

The best way to sell your Jeep and avoid all the BS, is to park it where there's a lot of traffic passing by to see it. Walmart parking lot or busy intersections work for me. Put the details on the sign. That eliminates 100 tire kickers with stupid questions. I prefer people to see and look over my Jeeps before they bother me. I don't haggle on my prices and ONLY take CASH. I sold my current Jeep in under a week. It took that long because I changed my mind 5 times.
p.s. You also need an "attention getter". ;)
RUBI SKEL 8 25 BEST PIC.jpg

RUBI SKEL 8 25 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I am very particular about who comes up my driveway, sold my TJ to a personal friend and my LJ through a PM on here to a guy that was looking for a TJ/LJ. To many squirrels in the world to be looking at all my treasures !!!!! :unsure:

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
The best way to sell your Jeep and avoid all the BS, is to park it where there's a lot of traffic passing by to see it. Walmart parking lot or busy intersections work for me. Put the details on the sign. That eliminates 100 tire kickers with stupid questions. I prefer people to see and look over my Jeeps before they bother me. I don't haggle on my prices and ONLY take CASH. I sold my current Jeep in under a week. It took that long because I changed my mind 5 times.
p.s. You also need an "attention getter". ;)
View attachment 361811

View attachment 361812

Nice looking Rubi

Reactions: TheBoogieman
If it is a non rusted Rubicon it doesn’t matter. The hard part is getting everyone off you.

I am selling one of mine and plan to make the buyer (who is also a member here) sign a “No Duck” agreement. No ducks in it, on the dash or coming out of it going on other Jeeps. 🦆

If it is a non rusted Rubicon it doesn’t matter. The hard part is getting everyone off you.

I am selling one of mine and plan to make the buyer (who is also a member here) sign a “No Duck” agreement. No ducks in it, on the dash or coming out of it going on other Jeeps. 🦆

No problem Andy no ducks GOT IT ! And I'll even keep a roll of paper towels and some foaming glass cleaner in it !!!! (y)(y)(y)

Wow do you think you could have sent a telegraph or even Morse code first :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You know you kinda got the whole forum believing I am border to border ducking everyone's Jeep!!!!!! Kinda like ZZ Top I'm nation wide!!!!!!

200.gif

Reactions: Mike Z
Wow do you think you could have sent a telegraph or even Morse code first :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You know you kinda got the whole forum believing I am border to border ducking everyone's Jeep!!!!!! Kinda like ZZ Top I'm nation wide!!!!!!

View attachment 362236

Well, you haven't ducked my Jeeps, so I guess there's hope for you!

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper