This guy paid for my breakfast today!

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
Today i was minding my own business as usual, servicing my pool route,
20190102_102554.jpg
in miserable weather in my Patriot Blue 05 Sport.

I pull into a fast food joint in Wylie, Texas and this TJ was in front of me.

He leaves and i roll up with 4 one dollar bills in my hand.
The nice lady handed me my drink but didn't take my $$.
Then she hands me the bag O food and i take it and say, "How much?"
She says, " it's free. It's paid for".

This is the second time someone, and a stranger, has paid for a meal, 1x in my white TJ and 1x now in my blue TJ.... it just blows me away.

I asked the lady which way he went,.
By the time I pulled out I could not see him anywhere...

I'm going to pay for the next TJ behind me. :)

Nice! There are still decent humans in the world...

Ok don’t judge me, but this (somebody paying for my drinks) happened on 12/23 at........wait for it.......Staryucks. I told you, don’t judge me... I was in my BMW (again stop judging me damnit!). The guy in front of me drove a GMC Yukon.

It actually blew my mind and I did not know how to react. Person at the drive thru said this guy does this often.

I said that day I was going to pay it forward. Haven’t yet though. Knowing my luck I’d try and the person behind me would be getting coffee for himself and 6 co-workers. “That will be $39.60 sir”.

I was going to Taco Bell (my favorite restaurant) to pick up lunch several years ago, and saw that some lady in a Volvo had mis-judged the turn and was blocking the entrance to the drive through with her front wheel stuck over the curb. I had just put a winch on my Jeep and thought it was a fun way to try it out, so I hooked up to her and pulled her out. She thanked me, then I followed her through the drive through to order my lunch. When I got to the window, the girl handed me my food and said it was free. She said they saw the Volvo was blocking the drive through and since it was the lunch rush, they really appreciated me getting her moving again.

I've never had anyone pay for my lunch for no reason though...

This is something I do often (pay for someone's meal at the drive-thru). It's usually at the McDonald's near work, and it's a few minutes before they close (midnight). I do it because I like the thought of doing something for someone for no other reason than to do something unexpected for them. I figure it's a nice way to end their day, and I like to ponder what goes through their mind, being they have no idea who I am.

I do have my limits, however. I refuse to pay for their meal if they're driving a Prius...;)

This thread bring up a funny story.
I'm a retired hvy. eq. operator. I was working a track hoe in a flood control basin near a major highway and at lunch time I would walk under a bridge to a taco joint on the other side. So I'm waiting for my order and a few people ahead of me pay and pick up theirs and go about their biz. When I step up to pay for mine, the cashier said that the younger couple ahead of me payed for mine. I asked why and she said that, they said that I looked like I could use the help.
That gave me a good laugh and a good feeling. About that time, another younger couple walked in with their 3 kids, so I handed the cashier some extra cash and said theirs is on me.

Nice! There are still decent humans in the world...

Ok don’t judge me, but this (somebody paying for my drinks) happened on 12/23 at........wait for it.......Staryucks. I told you, don’t judge me... I was in my BMW (again stop judging me damnit!). The guy in front of me drove a GMC Yukon.

It actually blew my mind and I did not know how to react. Person at the drive thru said this guy does this often.

I said that day I was going to pay it forward. Haven’t yet though. Knowing my luck I’d try and the person behind me would be getting coffee for himself and 6 co-workers. “That will be $39.60 sir”.

That happened to me last week :)

I paid for the two construction guys behind me in line, at Taco Bell. When they got up to the register, one of them was on the phone--ordering for the crew back at the job site. The crew got a free lunch as well.

:D

It wasn't so cheap, but hey, all of this stuff comes back to you. An ancient king once said, "He who waters will himself be watered."

Very cool to see so many joining-in on this "Conspiracy of Kindness" :)

I remember back in the late '60s/early '70s, I was riding in the car with my aunt when we came upon a road crew working in the hot summer sun. We had just been grocery shopping, and as we crept past the workers, she stopped the car and handed one of the guys a six-pack of cold Coke. They both said something flirtatious to each other, and then we were off again. It always struck me as humorous, and I've obviously never forgotten it. :)

I would feed them a steady diet of 7.62 X 51's if given the chance! I "Buy a beer for a Vet" every week at a local brew pub near my work, it's called "Bomb's Away" near the Air Force Base here. They keep a tally on the wall!

I would feed them a steady diet of 7.62 X 51's if given the chance! I "Buy a beer for a Vet" every week at a local brew pub near my work, it's called "Bomb's Away" near the Air Force Base here. They keep a tally on the wall!
I'm confused. You'd shoot 'em? Or have they named a drink that?

I was camping and n Big Bear Ca, and left my headlights on in my 05, as I went i to a grocery store.

I parked in front of a beat up red tj, cuz you know... jeeps are magnets to other jeeps.

I came back out 30 minutes or so later... and a old lady jumped out the tj, to make sure I didn't need a jump due to a dead battery.

She said, "Us jeepers gotta stick together."

This is something I do often (pay for someone's meal at the drive-thru). It's usually at the McDonald's near work, and it's a few minutes before they close (midnight). I do it because I like the thought of doing something for someone for no other reason than to do something unexpected for them. I figure it's a nice way to end their day, and I like to ponder what goes through their mind, being they have no idea who I am.

I do have my limits, however. I refuse to pay for their meal if they're driving a Prius...;)
Yea, I tend to think that these gestures are best when done at cheap fast food restaraunts as opposed to places like Starbucks since you're more likely to end up paying for someone that will really be impacted by the gesture as opposed to some yuppie in their BMW! (@mde8965, hehe)

Of course, my other car *is* a Prius, so maybe I shouldn't talk. :nut:

I remember back in the late '60s/early '70s, I was riding in the car with my aunt when we came upon a road crew working in the hot summer sun. We had just been grocery shopping, and as we crept past the workers, she stopped the car and handed one of the guys a six-apack of cold Coke. They both said something flirtatious to each other, and then we were off again. It always struck me as humorous, and I've obviously never forgotten it. :)
Squatch needs to be the forum stiq

Squatch should be the Forum Etiquette Advisor. A TJ owner and a gentleman .