This is in fact my first rodeo

TrishTJ

Hey, I'm Trish. I've never owned a Jeep, but I've always wanted one, and last week I found a great 2000 TJ. I know removing the milk jugs is a minor mod, but I'm a middle-aged woman who has never used a torque wrench—or a grinder when the bolts wouldn't come out. So I'm pretty proud that I did this by myself, and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from this forum.

Jeep Back Bumper.jpegPhoto Oct 09, 3 51 33 PM.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a nice looking TJ.

There's a lot of people on here from Florida. It's also nice to see a female driving a TJ. They're about as rare as hens teeth, as most seem to be driving JKs and JLs.

Welcome (y)

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a nice looking TJ.

There's a lot of people on here from Florida. It's also nice to see a female driving a TJ. They're about as rare as hens teeth, as most seem to be driving JKs and JLs.

Welcome (y)
Thank you! I considered a new Jeep for about a minute, but was inspired by my son, who is overlanding in his TJ as we speak. For me, it's been hardly more than a week and I'm already in love.

Thank you! I considered a new Jeep for about a minute, but was inspired by my son, who is overlanding in his TJ as we speak. For me, it's been hardly more than a week and I'm already in love.
These older ones are definitely easier to work on and maintain as well 👍

Reactions: j8ksdad
Hey, I'm Trish. I've never owned a Jeep, but I've always wanted one, and last week I found a great 2000 TJ. I know removing the milk jugs is a minor mod, but I'm a middle-aged woman who has never used a torque wrench—or a grinder when the bolts wouldn't come out. So I'm pretty proud that I did this by myself, and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from this forum.

View attachment 195254View attachment 195253
Congrats!! Pretty TJ and nice colour!!!

I like gals who aren't afraid to get dirty and wrench on their vehicles! Welcome aboard, and removing the milk jugs is a baby step that helps you gain confidence! There's a couple of other gals here as well.

Although I've worked on my own stuff for decades, this is my first 4WD vehicle of any kind - in fact, nobody in my family has ever owned one either, so its kind of my first rodeo as well.

I like gals who aren't afraid to get dirty and wrench on their vehicles! Welcome aboard, and removing the milk jugs is a baby step that helps you gain confidence! There's a couple of other gals here as well.

Although I've worked on my own stuff for decades, this is my first 4WD vehicle of any kind - in fact, nobody in my family has ever owned one either, so its kind of my first rodeo as well.
Thanks for the welcome! And congrats on your Jeep!

Welcome from the other end of the country. Hang on to those milk jugs, I've seen folks looking for them on here.

Did enjoy that title! I’m also new and definitely on the less experienced side of things, I hope we both have fun learning how to turn a wrench here! Have you got anything else planned for Huckleberry?

Did enjoy that title! I’m also new and definitely on the less experienced side of things, I hope we both have fun learning how to turn a wrench here! Have you got anything else planned for Huckleberry?
Welcome to you, too! My next project is to replace the headlights (and possibly spray paint the bezels), and I discovered that the driver's door jamb button that controls the interior lights is broken, so I'm going to fix that. As of now, I don't have plans for a lift or bigger tires, but I do love how it looks so I'm not ruling it out.

haha, the fact you know what a torque wrench and a grinder are put's you up on a few others already. getting into something you feel might challenge what your comfortable with (within reason) is a good way to learn and build confidence for the next project, even if it's just an oil change.
there are a lot of exp'd people here that can help you do everything you'll ever need. welcome aboard.