This is what the electric Jeep is going to look like at Moab

It's too bad that Jeep didn't do a completely different body for the Hybrid... Such as basing it off of the Hurricane...

1603989529534.png

Reactions: Tob
It is. Jeep making a electric wrangler is like ford making an electric mustang it’s stupid and no one wants one.
I do. Electric will be better all around for wheeling once the limitations on range and charging times/locations are solved.

It is. Jeep making a electric wrangler is like ford making an electric mustang it’s stupid and no one wants one.
I want one too... my wife loves her Prius, as she is a realtor and dives close to 100 miles a day. The Hybrid Jeep Wrangler will look better in my driveway with my TJ and JT.

Solid state batteries have absolutely nothing to do with the math associated with the carbon footprint of a Tesla. A Tesla has lithium ion batteries. Tesla carbon footprints are linked to the tooling of the manufacturing line, the construction of the manufacturing plant, raw materials consumed and many other variables. Just like any other new car. This video has nothing to do with my point. My point was simply that many people assume the purchase of a Tesla does an immediate solid for the environment and that it doesn't until after a set period of time. Buying used is usually a solid by the environment because you are reusing, not consuming, additional raw materials and the associated carbon footprint of the manufacturing of said raw materials.

BTW I love electric vehicles and Tesla as a company. I just don't like bad math.

So, I guess you checkmated me but I flipped the board? ;) Lol it's all good and fun.

6 months later and Toyota is working getting solid state battery to the market.
These battery don't need fancy tesla charging stations but regular house 220 volt can charges these batteries fast.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Te...g-solid-state-battery-en-route-for-2021-debut
Its matter just years for fast charging battery. Electric car, 4x4, SUV, planes and Trucks are near.

Yeah I don’t think I’ve edited anything that good before
qslim said:

You can barely even tell that's a photoshop
Tzerambo's visual message actually is very clever. It shows the illusion of practical electrified Jeep tech, fooling many wishful thinkers despite obvious known limitations of applied battery physics. For those unable to contemplate the equations addressing the amount of work necessary to overcome gravity, friction, heat, distance, time and payload required to move a given mass, vs available energy from a compact battery which constantly depletes its charge, I would suggest polonium to be used as an alternative lightweight heat source for thermoelectric power replacing fossil fuel as a carry-on energy source. Suggesting that transporting batteries, in themselves very heavy, to move a >4000 lb plus payload object on a 1000 mile round trip camping out over a three or four day weekend to include steep ascents requiring extraordinary applications of friction and heat with frequent stopping and starting will accomplish a satisfying off road experience independent of external fossil fuel assistance is undisguised naivety.

I have no interest in batteries which take years to charge.
I meant it will take a couple a years for the manufactures to make quick charging solid state batteries to the public market.
These batteries would take 10 mins to charge fully from empty. Also wouldn't need to have super chargers to charges these batteries either. The typical house 120volt or 220volt would be adequate for charging these batteries pretty quickly too.
Let's face it the future of Car, Suv, Jeeps and planes is electrify transportation.

As is usual, the devil's in the details. I've heard many true believer wishful thinking stories like this that went exactly nowhere. So if it happens, that's great. But I'll wait until it does, and won't hold my breathe in the meantime.

Reactions: HardSell
I meant it will take a couple a years
I knew what you were saying....just couldn't pass up the opportunity to use the way you stated it;) to get a laugh. You're a good sport. My common sense aligns with Zorba's comment, "I've heard many true believer wishful thinking stories like this that went exactly nowhere. So if it happens, that's great." I recall the Obama $535 million Solyndra scam (he now occupies several multi million dollar homes) and no doubt more solar scams to come with a third Obama administration. Libs will see to it that we no longer have motor access to the trails we so love to drive and, once in power following the Trump threat, they're never going let go of power. A monster is now awakened. Libs even may be so bold as to pass legislation taxing all off road vehicles justifying the tax as a kind of luxury tax; it won't be a small tax. The wealthy elite, who are truly the legislating class, will only share the burden of income redistribution to come; the brunt going to wage earners as always; this time in the form of consumption taxes, automobiles and homes with garages being the jucyists targets of all.
Electric will be better all around for wheeling once the limitations on range and charging times/locations are solved.
Probably when cars fly and electrified Jeeps will become a moot consideration.

I wouldn't think that instant and huge amounts of torque would be bad for wheeling. Weight may be an issue, but given that all the weight will be at the floor pan, it might even have a lower center of gravity then a comparable gas vehicle of the same height.

As far as range goes, we'll just have to see. I don't think it will be any more of a problem then running out of gas in the middle of nowhere is a problem.

Tons of torque and saving the planet from fossil fuels are great ideas.
But the fact remains that mining, manufacturing and disposing of batteries is not easy or cheap. Hell, it's not even allowed in the US!

I wouldn't think that instant and huge amounts of torque would be bad for wheeling. Weight may be an issue, but given that all the weight will be at the floor pan, it might even have a lower center of gravity then a comparable gas vehicle of the same height.

As far as range goes, we'll just have to see. I don't think it will be any more of a problem then running out of gas in the middle of nowhere is a problem.
The flaw in that logic is, if you run out of fuel in the middle of no where, a fuel can is easier to transport than a generator. Not to mention you can carry extra fuel. (Kind of hard to carry extra power cells...)
I suppose you could carry a generator with you on your trail outings... :unsure:

The flaw in that logic is, if you run out of fuel in the middle of no where, a fuel can is easier to transport than a generator. Not to mention you can carry extra fuel. (Kind of hard to carry extra power cells...)
I suppose you could carry a generator with you on your trail outings... :unsure:
Almost time to start an off-road eRecovery business then, with a trail rig outfitted with a huge power bank for rescuing people who run out of juice on the trail. Be a nice way to spend my time in retirement in 20 years!

Here is the new Electric Jeep Wrangler Magneto.
Here is spec only listed: 285hp, 6 speed manual.
My guess on possible specs:
Level 3.0 charging maybe level 4.0 charging.
250 mile range.
Any case it's a start.

20210324_143533.jpg

Ok, total dumbshit question from me (not a stretch for me either) but why does it need a transmission?
Isn't it just step on it and go?
And a manual trans at that...

And go.