This Jeep means 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 to me?

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I recently came across WhistlinDiesel on YouTube. He seems to have a philosophy that nothing lasts forever or is too precious, going with a motto "This truck means nothing to me". And he goes as far as picking up a rock to scratch a body panel, swinging hammers at bumpers, and intentionally destroying a brand new F350. Even what seems to be his prized monster truck build he risks by almost flooding the engine with water.

Is this a case of just having too much money? A YouTuber that's doing it purely for the views and ad money? An example of what happens when you have too much credit? Or a good motto that's simply manifesting in his videos regardless of money?

Are we all just too protective of our precious TJs? Is there a line between not respecting your possessions by abusing them and not respecting your possessions by not using them? Is there really any difference between what we do offroad for fun and what he does on the farm for fun?

Oh boy, WhistlinDiesel finally came to the TJ forum. This could get interesting.

He probably makes enough on the videos to cover the cost of the ruined truck. That would be my guess at least. The SEMA truck he destroyed would've been a very expensive truck. Judging by his farm, I'm assuming he doesn't have a trust fund backing the channel, so I'm betting the revenue from the videos must cover the costs of them.

Last edited:
it's one thing to say that when doing a semi-invasive body mod like cutting your front fenders in half, or actually doing something fun like wheeling a trail where damage is likely.

To say it to justify intentionally damaging it for no reason whatsoever just seems like a spoiled overgrown toddler.

It’s a gimmick. Nothing more. He’s making enough off ad revenue and merch to perpetuate it. For now.

Some of his stuff is entertaining. Some of it is a lame waste of filling time to get a new video uploaded.

Last edited:
The guy buys stuff that he uses to make content that people watch. Why is that strange? It's like saying when they filmed Mission Impossible or a James Bond film it was childish and wasteful to destroy the vehicles. You might not like the type of media but it's no different. It's a bit like some old guy saying rock and roll isn't music.

On the other hand, I used to be friends with a guy who inherited an all original Mustang GT500 with 18k original miles.

He wouldn’t drive it anywhere. It sat in a climate controlled garage and he refused to drive it, always citing that it would decrease value.

I would always harp on him and say what’s the point of owning something that is just going to sit? A car like that is meant to be driven. I would always tell him the world is going to end one day anyways and that car ends with it. Why not be the guy to go out and enjoy that thing, even if it means a rock chip?

In the end, everything returns to its natural form. This earth won’t be here forever, and neither will any sacred possession you own.

I watch roadkill and those guys piece together all sorts of junk then slap in a high priced motor before breaking half of it.

I like that show because I get ideas for reusing junk that don't necessarily go together into something that works..... sometimes.

I'm not buying anything brand new and breaking it, but my brothers and I have been known to put junk together to break it back when we were younger, or last week, whichever. Occasionally we pooled resources for a ditch car.

Drive it all night and leave it in the last ditch you got stuck in. Those normally finished life as a demolition derby car, figure 8 race car, or enduro-race car.

That kid Is either a moron, or a genius, I’m not sure which. He buys six figure rigs to purposefully destroy them (moronic), but he apparently makes a living off of it somehow (genius).

it means the world to me because, I'M BUILDING IT..........but with that said i'll not try and attempt something just because it may give me some damage.........until i've broken something i've not found the limit yet.

right?

Reactions: Irun and Hog
I recently came across WhistlinDiesel on YouTube. He seems to have a philosophy that nothing lasts forever or is too precious, going with a motto "This truck means nothing to me". And he goes as far as picking up a rock to scratch a body panel, swinging hammers at bumpers, and intentionally destroying a brand new F350. Even what seems to be his prized monster truck build he risks by almost flooding the engine with water.

Is this a case of just having too much money? A YouTuber that's doing it purely for the views and ad money? An example of what happens when you have too much credit? Or a good motto that's simply manifesting in his videos regardless of money?

Are we all just too protective of our precious TJs? Is there a line between not respecting your possessions by abusing them and not respecting your possessions by not using them? Is there really any difference between what we do offroad for fun and what he does on the farm for fun?
Great observation... as he is only wanting views so therefore he does whatever is required.. nothing more nothing less.. to your 2nd part..I don’t “think” that we/ or you intentionally hurt your TJ on purpose, some people build them for accomplishing a trail, or cause it’s fun, I love my TJ, I enjoy them because they make me feel good, and I take care of them because I paid for them with my own money and have always respected things that I have earned.. I imagine most people feel that way👍😄

I'm inclined to think he's using the same method as Mr Beast (another popular YouTuber known for spending huge amounts of money per video) of reinvesting everything to grow and make more money. Whether this content is for us or not doesn't matter, it's for enough people that it probably can bring in huge amounts of money.

I normally don't watch any of this stuff normally but occasionally it comes to my attention and it's interesting figuring out how it works for them.

Reactions: billiebob
On the other hand, I used to be friends with a guy who inherited an all original Mustang GT500 with 18k original miles.

He wouldn’t drive it anywhere. It sat in a climate controlled garage and he refused to drive it, always citing that it would decrease value.

I would always harp on him and say what’s the point of owning something that is just going to sit? A car like that is meant to be driven. I would always tell him the world is going to end one day anyways and that car ends with it. Why not be the guy to go out and enjoy that thing, even if it means a rock chip?

In the end, everything returns to its natural form. This earth won’t be here forever, and neither will any sacred possession you own.
Owning a car like that and not driving it is like having a smoking hot girlfriend and not touching her in order to save her for the next guy.

Owning a car like that and not driving it is like having a smoking hot girlfriend and not touching her in order to save her for the next guy.

Yes, I've heard that comparison before, and it's dead-on accurate.

Why have some nice ass car if it's just going to sit like a museum piece? Life is too short.