This Jeep means š˜Æš˜°š˜µš˜©š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø to me?

I have absolutely zero tolerance for destruction of natural resources by anyone in, or who the uninformed think might be part of, the ORV community. Especially when their bad behavior can influence large numbers of other motorized users and he definitely can. I'm glad they are throwing the book at him.
I watched the video a while back and donā€™t remember him destroying anything. His crime is driving down the stream instead of crossing it.

I donā€™t recall him mudding in it like every bounty hole video out there.

Iā€™m not trying to defend him as I think heā€™s a dipshit but this isnā€™t the hill to die on with him. Heā€™ll get a good lawyer and plead it all down to the lesser charges, pay a fine and it wonā€™t make any of what he did any different.

His backroads driving 90 mph on 2 lane curvy roads with oncoming traffic and telling people that if they canā€™t locate a track to find a backroad to practice on is more disturbing to me.

I recently came across WhistlinDiesel on YouTube. He seems to have a philosophy that nothing lasts forever or is too precious, going with a motto "This truck means nothing to me". And he goes as far as picking up a rock to scratch a body panel, swinging hammers at bumpers, and intentionally destroying a brand new F350. Even what seems to be his prized monster truck build he risks by almost flooding the engine with water.

Is this a case of just having too much money? A YouTuber that's doing it purely for the views and ad money? An example of what happens when you have too much credit? Or a good motto that's simply manifesting in his videos regardless of money?

Are we all just too protective of our precious TJs? Is there a line between not respecting your possessions by abusing them and not respecting your possessions by not using them? Is there really any difference between what we do offroad for fun and what he does on the farm for fun?
I think that people have the right to destroy their things, and that ultimately you can't take them with you, but they do have value in this life and it's foolish to deliberately destroy things by swinging hammers at them.

It's not the same as going over an obstacle and failing and damaging a Jeep panel or something when you are confident that you can do it, but just make a mistake.

Now, if you know going in your about to roll your Jeep, that's the same thing as throwing rocks at your rig.

If it's a case of having too much money, rather than destroy something of value, find someone who is a hard worker but has fallen on hard times and help them out. That would be an honorable thing to do.

You don't have to destroy your stuff to show that it's not going to last forever. It will do that on it's own over time.

I think that people have the right to destroy their things, and that ultimately you can't take them with you, but they do have value in this life and it's foolish to deliberately destroy things by swinging hammers at them.

It's not the same as going over an obstacle and failing and damaging a Jeep panel or something when you are confident that you can do it, but just make a mistake.

Now, if you know going in your about to roll your Jeep, that's the same thing as throwing rocks at your rig.

If it's a case of having too much money, rather than destroy something of value, find someone who is a hard worker but has fallen on hard times and help them out. That would be an honorable thing to do.

You don't have to destroy your stuff to show that it's not going to last forever. It will do that on it's own over time.
To me itā€™s all about the risk/reward trade off. Iā€™ll never intentionally do damage, however if it happens thatā€™s a risk Iā€™ve accepted in what I put my Jeep through. Evaluate, fix/defend, repeat.

To me itā€™s all about the risk/reward trade off. Iā€™ll never intentionally do damage, however if it happens thatā€™s a risk Iā€™ve accepted in what I put my Jeep through. Evaluate, fix/defend, repeat.
I agree, and I think part of why we do this is the thrill of overcoming a risk which comes with that reward. It's also about having a part in building something that can perform to a certain level. There's a sense of achievement in that.

Nora means something to me. The air conditioning got fixed today. I like her even more.

He tossed a track on the first drive. Itā€™s pretty old and complex. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll live a short painful life in the US if it makes it over.

They'll get it all fixed up for him now. Plus when he gets it, it'll have full power again.

They'll get it all fixed up for him now. Plus when he gets it, it'll have full power again.

I forget he has limitless funds to pay others to fix his toys. Itā€™s fun to watch, but I cringe sometimes too. Thank god they wonā€™t let him have an even close to functional cannon. Heā€™d shoot a Hilux and a house with it day one.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I forget he has limitless funds to pay others to fix his toys. Itā€™s fun to watch, but I cringe sometimes too. Thank god they wonā€™t let him have an even close to functional cannon. Heā€™d shoot a Hilux and a house with it day one.

I'd hope the people who he's buying it from aren't charging to fix the stuff that he broke on the test drive.

I'd hope the people who he's buying it from aren't charging to fix the stuff that he broke on the test drive.

Heā€™ll probably have a tug of war with it and his monster truck if they ever figure out how to make two Allisonā€™s shift off the same tcu. Iā€™d like to drive his Charger around a bit. That thing is wicked.

Reactions: Apparition
Heā€™ll probably have a tug of war with it and his monster truck if they ever figure out how to make two Allisonā€™s shift off the same tcu. Iā€™d like to drive his Charger around a bit. That thing is wicked.

He'll probably compare it to his excavator

More G wagon, not as exciting as the first but the cops pit maneuver him and use dogs.

Last edited: