This JK is the epitome of JK’s

I really don’t see what the big deal is, don’t most in these parts assume most JKUs built to look cool never leave the pavement anyway??? At the end of the day he gets all the same results his equally non-wheeling buddy gets appearance-wise & prolly saved a good chunk o’ change and, bonus, less maintenance as said above. Isn’t it possible he’s not an idiot but rather a genius?
This is a very valid point. I like your view on this.

I really don’t see what the big deal is, don’t most in these parts assume most JKUs built to look cool never leave the pavement anyway??? At the end of the day he gets all the same results his equally non-wheeling buddy gets appearance-wise & prolly saved a good chunk o’ change and, bonus, less maintenance as said above. Isn’t it possible he’s not an idiot but rather a genius?
The only issue I have would be if down the road it is sold as a lifted / built jku. I never understood what was going through the heads of Chrysler executes to release a 2x4.

On that rant why does Toyota sell a 2 wheel drive version of the 4 RUNNER?

Reactions: tomtaylz
The only issue I have would be if down the road it is sold as a lifted / built jku. I never understood what was going through the heads of Chrysler executes to release a 2x4.

On that rant why does Toyota sell a 2 wheel drive version of the 4 RUNNER?
Probably the same reason they sell front wheel drive and all wheel drive SUVs.

Probably the same reason they sell front wheel drive and all wheel drive SUVs.
More of a naming issue. My college roommate had a 2wd 4runner and I would refer to it as his 2runner.

Reactions: Nicholas
Back in 2007 when I was part of a club we had a new guy join the club and was exited about his new Jeep. I told us he got a great deal on the 2007 JKU. When we asked him if he knew it was 2WD and if so why did he opted for the 2WD model. He basically told us that the sales man recommended the 2WD because most people build them how they want. So starting off with the base 2wd model was the best and most cost effective way to go about it. He was not happy after we told him the sales guy took him for a ride on that deal.

Reactions: luk4mud
Back in 2007 when I was part of a club we had a new guy join the club and was exited about his new Jeep. I told us he got a great deal on the 2007 JKU. When we asked him if he knew it was 2WD and if so why did he opted for the 2WD model. He basically told us that the sales man recommended the 2WD because most people build them how they want. So starting off with the base 2wd model was the best and most cost effective way to go about it. He was not happy after we told him the sales guy took him for a ride on that deal.
Same issue with the FJ Cruiser, but no missing front pumpkin as an obvious giveaway. Probably even lower % of FJCs actually see dirt.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Same issue with the FJ Cruiser, but no missing front pumpkin as an obvious giveaway. Probably even lower % of FJCs actually see dirt.
The sad part was that the guy wanted to wheel it. Not knowing anything he let the sales man lie to him basically. The sales man basically told him that because everyone changes the axles that he should not pay extra for 4WD JKU and just buy get the 2WD and buy himself the aftermarket axle and save ton of $$.

The sad part was that the guy wanted to wheel it. Not knowing anything he let the sales man lie to him basically. The sales man basically told him that because everyone changes the axles that he should not pay extra for 4WD JKU and just buy get the 2WD and buy himself the aftermarket axle and save ton of $$.
I guess if your going to get 1 tons and an atlas then that could be a starting point. That sells guy seems like a jerk I hope he isn't selling cars anymore.

He took himself for a ride. Its his own fault for not researching anything at all before stepping foot in a Jeep dealership.

Had no idea they made 2wd lol. Omg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Did the 2wd JKUs ever come with a LSD rear diff ? I have a Toyota Tundra TRD Sport with the LSD and it does pretty good for most mild off road stuff. Not a TJ by any means but not bad for a work truck .