This one is for you Chris :)

TPMS is stupid on a Wrangler, we can all agree with that. However, it's easy to disable.

All the other things they mentioned are things that most people end up changing out immediately (i.e. bumpers, skid plates, etc.).

This video is just pointing out the obvious.

Now I'm not a fan of the newer Wranglers, so this isn't me defending them, but it is me pointing out that these people are nitpicking about stupid stuff IMHO, likely just as clickbait (based off the title alone).

I stand by my firm opinion that if you enjoy working only your own vehicles, a TJ (or even a YJ or CJ for that matter) is the better vehicle to own. If you aren't a DIY mechanic and would rather pay someone else to work on your vehicle (or insist on 4 doors), then a JK or JL is the perfect Wrangler for you.

I'm sorry, but spend a year as a DIY mechanic working on a TJ, then spend a year working on a JK or JL... then you tell me which one you'd rather have.

My personal opinion is that an off-road vehicle should be as close to stripped down as possible, with just the bare necessities. Heated seats, TPMS, leather seats, power windows... That's what I want from my daily driver / family car, not from my recreational vehicle.

Of course I realize to a lot of people these Wranglers are both their daily drivers and recreational vehicle all-in-one. That's fine, I just don't want all that extra crap on mine. I like simple!

I don't think they are nit picking at all, just pointing out where the designers and engineers missed the mark completely on what is supposed to be a trail ready rig. I'm sorry but the license plate design is just stupid and would have taken nothing for engineers to design something much better, same with the skid plates. It's not like they were retro-fitting this stuff to an already existing vehicle, this is new from the ground up, and at 50+ the idea that you would need to swap out the bumpers immediately to avoid damage just proves my point. That's not to say the stock bumper could/should be designed to function as well as an aftermarket one but at the very least should not cause damage to the vehicle.

I agree with simplicity but we know those days are gone :) that is exactly why I like older vehicles and will resist owning a new one as long as I can.

I think a lot of stuff is stupid on those new JLs... the stupid vent in the fender, the excessive amounts of plastic used in the interior, etc.

However, I do think that the same things could be picked apart with the TJ. The low hanging transfer case? Seriously, that's a big joke from the factory the way it hangs so low. Also, the stupid plastic milk jug bumper end caps?

I'm just saying, I can pick apart lots of little issues with the TJ as well, though maybe not as many as the JL.

If Mopar was smart they'd offer upgrade packages for skid plates and other such things before people even took delivery of them. They could make a killing up-selling people on stuff like this.

I promise you, you'll never see me in a JL, that's for sure. I'll be TJ until the day I die!

I'm especially concerned that one day they may discontinue the 2-door Wrangler.

I'm sure Jeep engineers are well aware of all of these issues. If they fixed all of them there is no way they would meet DOT and EPA standards. The Jeep would be heavy and probably fail during crash testing. I agree the license plate is stupid but the JL has a larger rear door so it can not be mounted like the TJ and JK. IMO Jeep designed the JL to be marketed to soccer moms who want to look young and sporty. I do think the engineers did a good job of still maintaining the offroad abilities but it had to be a street vehicle first. Jeep knows that there is a huge aftermarket for parts. All of the companies producing parts essentially give Jeep a lot of free advertising. I noticed that before the JL's were even in the showroom vendors were advertising parts. Jeep must have allowed them access for R&D. I personally think they are goofy looking and will make fun of you if you drive one. You may also make fun of me and my old TJ while you adjust your lumbar support and pass me doing 85 with one hand on the wheel. To each their own I suppose.

Reactions: Chris
I'm sure Jeep engineers are well aware of all of these issues. If they fixed all of them there is no way they would meet DOT and EPA standards. The Jeep would be heavy and probably fail during crash testing. I agree the license plate is stupid but the JL has a larger rear door so it can not be mounted like the TJ and JK. IMO Jeep designed the JL to be marketed to soccer moms who want to look young and sporty. I do think the engineers did a good job of still maintaining the offroad abilities but it had to be a street vehicle first. Jeep knows that there is a huge aftermarket for parts. All of the companies producing parts essentially give Jeep a lot of free advertising. I noticed that before the JL's were even in the showroom vendors were advertising parts. Jeep must have allowed them access for R&D. I personally think they are goofy looking and will make fun of you if you drive one. You may also make fun of me and my old TJ while you adjust your lumbar support and pass me doing 85 with one hand on the wheel. To each their own I suppose.

Well said, I couldn't agree more.