This Rubicon might have 34k, but it's not worth the asking price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Reactions: Starrs
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Saw that one earlier today. New York will do that to ya lol

What's funny is they think it's worth 24k. Not even anywhere close to that. The miles are low, and the rest of it looks nice, but that frame has a lot of rust on it that's been painted over.

I'd say that's more in the ballpark of 13k. All the ones I see for 24k are usually low miles and absolutely spotless frames.

Sheeyit, it’s 13 years old. No matter what, it’s not worth over 15 lol. It would have to be from the factory and placed in a garage when not driven as if it were an antique lol. And located in Texas where it never snows and never sees sea air. BUT, some yeeyee will buy it lol. I’d offer 7 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Rubicon owner ,and I've noticed real confusion over their values . Some folks think the sticker automatically means big money .

Starrs sold one , it was pristine . Those few remaining Rubicon's like his belong in the 25-30,000 dollar category , but some folks think all Rubicon's do ...they don't .

I passed on one recently , 05, new tires , no rust ,78,000 Auto , Hardtop, new PCM , new tires .15,750.00 out the door ...why? Just scratched all over , and a nasty gouge in the cowl. It was worth it , but I didn't want cosmetic issues . I question now if I should have let it go.

I have one with 27,000 miles , it's real solid and "all there " . Will it bring 25-30k . I doubt it . It looks really cool, and was garage kept ...but when it wasn't in the garage , it was in the woods ...it's got some "off road credibility " scars.

The uglier girls do get prettier at closing time though. As time goes on , they all will do pretty good if halfway cared for , and not rusted out , but it doesn't mean they all are going to bring top dollar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs
I'm a Rubicon owner ,and I've noticed real confusion over their values . Some folks think the sticker automatically means big money .

Starrs sold one , it was pristine . Those few remaining Rubicon's like his belong in the 25-30,000 dollar category , but some folks think all Rubicon's do ...they don't .

I passed on one recently , 05, new tires , no rust ,78,000 Auto , Hardtop, new PCM , new tires .15,750.00 out the door ...why? Just scratched all over , and a nasty gouge in the cowl. It was worth it , but I didn't cosmetic issues . I question now if I should have let it go.

I have one with 27,000 miles , it's real solid and "all there " . Will it bring 25-30k . I doubt it . It looks really cool, and was garage kept ...but when it wasn't in the garage , it was in the woods ...it's got some "off road credibility " scars.

The uglier girls do get prettier at closing time though. As time goes on , they all will do pretty good if halfway cared for , and not rusted out , but it doesn't mean they all are going to bring top dollar.
Autotrader seriously has tons under 50k miles that look really good right now. Not all have hard tops, but look to be in decent shape.

Reactions: psrivats
I bet this coupon will change your mind

—eBay

13f0f06349e9207265f265d2c0238cca.jpg

Sheeyit, it’s 13 years old. No matter what, it’s not worth over 15 lol. It would have to be from the factory and placed in a garage when not driven as if it were an antique lol. And located in Texas where it never snows and never sees sea air. BUT, some yeeyee will buy it lol. I’d offer 7 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s two that meet your description, a TJ and LJ, sub 4,000 miles, TX, never seen rain.
0A649608-2151-4D8A-A36D-862BF47CBF07.jpeg

FEF61ECD-FED3-426E-B78B-B95457B8356A.jpeg

Are those things even for sale?
No. Not that I know of. The guy has a problem letting go. He’s a good guy though. I have first dibs. :D

Reactions: Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.