Those with tilt steering, do you have any issues?

I'm short (5'9") and mine is tilted to the highest position so I can clearly see all the gauges. Most importantly the gas gauge that never gets past 1/4 tank anymore with prices almost double here since the puppet was elected here. I hope 2024 has tons of "mean Tweets" and a better economy, if I'm around to see it.
Its "OK" I am only 5' 9 1/2" (dont tell @eastblock) lol emphasis on the 1/2 lol, We are following you guys with gas price hikes! There's gonna be a lot a cheap TJ,s for sale here :) As soon as my gas gauge goes to half I fill it up til its drowning at 4.30 am and watch the BMW and Lexus owners queuing up in the afternoon after work on the cheap days to save maybe $5 a tank lol $1.75+au a litre here today that's $6.61 au a gallon or $5.00us a gallon so not as bad as some CA places!

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Mine loosens up over bumps. It can be dangerous when it happens, depending on where it decides to let go. It’s gotten so bad I have to hold it in place and steer with one hand in the rough spots. If I could swap it for a non-tilt, I probably would.

I’m going to try the fix in post #22 tomorrow. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try to attach an extra spring somehow. Somebody mentioned a spring and a couple new holes.

and if that doesn’t work, I’m going to crank that nut down and lock it up.

fuel prices are high, but the Senile One says we all have to pay our fair share, so that makes it ok. I wouldn’t want to be better off than my Komrades, and all of us paying $5/gallon will make everything right. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy that I’m helping.

Mine loosens up over bumps. It can be dangerous when it happens, depending on where it decides to let go. It’s gotten so bad I have to hold it in place and steer with one hand in the rough spots. If I could swap it for a non-tilt, I probably would.

I’m going to try the fix in post #22 tomorrow. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try to attach an extra spring somehow. Somebody mentioned a spring and a couple new holes.

and if that doesn’t work, I’m going to crank that nut down and lock it up.

fuel prices are high, but the Senile One says we all have to pay our fair share, so that makes it ok. I wouldn’t want to be better off than my Komrades, and all of us paying $5/gallon will make everything right. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy that I’m helping.
Homey in the video glossed over a few things that one should know. Be careful when you pull the clamp out and pay attention to the two raised areas on the back that lock into the slot. The screw thread is very coarse so a small bit of rotation moves the clamp face a fair bit.

The nut is actually staked on the end of the rod. That will mess up the end threads to be careful starting the nut back on.

The cam plate where the screw part is has a flat spring and it has to line back up correctly so be careful when you pull it out to keep it all together.

Homey in the video glossed over a few things that one should know. Be careful when you pull the clamp out and pay attention to the two raised areas on the back that lock into the slot. The screw thread is very coarse so a small bit of rotation moves the clamp face a fair bit.

The nut is actually staked on the end of the rod. That will mess up the end threads to be careful starting the nut back on.

The cam plate where the screw part is has a flat spring and it has to line back up correctly so be careful when you pull it out to keep it all together.
I pulled mine apart and adjusted it according to the video. It was good for a few months, then loosened up again.

Sometimes when Im in a good mood i like to pretend my steering wheel is a drum set and that makes the lever drop sometimes. other than that, ZERO issues.