Those with tilt steering, do you have any issues?

It works for the exact same reason they don't make all our dresses in one size, so there is that.
I just leave mine all the way up - on any/all vehicles. Works for everybody that way - and gives me plenty of room for my skirts for that matter! ;)

Had a Chevy truck with actual "tilt" steering once upon a time. Locked it at "straight" and never touched it again. I guess some folks like steering wheels in different positions and/or angles - myself, I don't really care. It may be because I prefer to sit closer than most. *shrug*

I just leave mine all the way up - on any/all vehicles. Works for everybody that way - and gives me plenty of room for my skirts for that matter! ;)

Had a Chevy truck with actual "tilt" steering once upon a time. Locked it at "straight" and never touched it again. I guess some folks like steering wheels in different positions and/or angles - myself, I don't really care. It may be because I prefer to sit closer than most. *shrug*
It isn't an issue of room, it is the sight line to the instrument cluster. It is a very poor driving habit to have to peek under or over the steering wheel to note how fast you are driving. We also have very different length arms and driving positions. I have to adjust the steering wheel height of every rig I drive since none are the same as I prefer.

I like mine in the lowest position, not because I want to look like some Jersey Guido out cruising in his Iroc, but because it helps take some pressure off my shoulder.

It isn't an issue of room, it is the sight line to the instrument cluster. It is a very poor driving habit to have to peek under or over the steering wheel to note how fast you are driving. We also have very different length arms and driving positions. I have to adjust the steering wheel height of every rig I drive since none are the same as I prefer.
That makes sense - my preferred seating position gives me a good view of the instruments when the wheel is all the way up. But I've never head problems seeing the instruments on vehicles that didn't have tilt/adjustable steering - probably because those are in the "all the way up" position. *shrug*

I'm short in the leg and long in the torso for my height (6'), which is a somewhat peculiar combination. I sit fairly far forward as a result.

Never a problem with mine. Plus I like the ability to raise it up to a much higher position. Once in a while my TJ will be tipped one way or another on the trail and I cannot get out unless I move the steering wheel all the way up.

Never a problem with mine. Plus I like the ability to raise it up to a much higher position. Once in a while my TJ will be tipped one way or another on the trail and I cannot get out unless I move the steering wheel all the way up.
Why do you move it down? Honest question - I always leave such things all the way up all the time.

Not trying to be snotty but why would you want to spend good money, time and the aggravation replacing a perfectly good steering column? Seems there are better ways to spend money on your TJ.
I have tilt on both my YJ and Tj. They are set at maximum height and I never change them. In fact I forget I have the option. I am 6’ and I did raise the drivers seat 1.5” on the TJ.

Not trying to be snotty but why would you want to spend good money, time and the aggravation replacing a perfectly good steering column? Seems there are better ways to spend money on your TJ.
I've seen people spend good $$$ for far less useful mods than a tilt steering wheel. If I found a good cheap tilt steering wheel and didn't have one I'd consider it since I do like changing it once in a while. Especially during long drives to give my arms a break.

I tugged on mine a bit just to reposition myself in my seat last night and it slipped down. Might have to look at fixing it sometime if it does it again. The only time I've ever really used it though is to make it easier to remove dash trim lol.

I've seen people spend good $$$ for far less useful mods than a tilt steering wheel. If I found a good cheap tilt steering wheel and didn't have one I'd consider it since I do like changing it once in a while. Especially during long drives to give my arms a break.
I agree different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I tugged on mine a bit just to reposition myself in my seat last night and it slipped down. Might have to look at fixing it sometime if it does it again. The only time I've ever really used it though is to make it easier to remove dash trim lol.
Same here - it makes it easier to remove the instrument cluster and surround. Otherwise, I never change it, its all the way up.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I have it, but have never used it. I'm sure it will come in handy if I ever gain 50lbs and need the wheel to clear my gut. :unsure:
I have mine set so I can see my oil gauge clearly, I would like it a bit lower as its more comfortable with my arm on the door with window open but it obscures the gauge.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I have mine set so I can see my oil gauge clearly, I would like it a bit lower as its more comfortable with my arm on the door with window open but it obscures the gauge.
I'm short (5'9") and mine is tilted to the highest position so I can clearly see all the gauges. Most importantly the gas gauge that never gets past 1/4 tank anymore with gas prices almost double here since the puppet was elected. I hope 2024 has tons of "mean Tweets" and a better economy, if I'm around to see it.

Reactions: williambmac