Thoughts on a Rusty’s long arm kit?

SMH.
I've never used any products from Rusty's. I think you're going to have a hard time finding any Rusty's love on this forum.

But why do you ask?

Reactions: Gollywomper
EED35C7F-622F-4316-8709-D3ED19F47823.png

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and rasband
Woah, what's wrong with Rusty's? I was thinking about using their tire carrier. (I've never bought from them before)

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Woah, what's wrong with Rusty's? I was thinking about using their tire carrier. (I've never bought from them before)
What turned me off was Rusty's virtually non-existent post-sales support years ago. There were complaints all over about his products, especially his soft tops, that weren't working or fitting properly and they weren't getting any help from Rusty... he was basically ignoring some very loud complaints.

What turned me off was Rusty's virtually non-existent post-sales support years ago. There were complaints all over about his products, especially his soft tops, that weren't working or fitting properly and they weren't getting any help from Rusty... he was basically ignoring some very loud complaints.
Not only that but he only gives back store credit no matter what issues you have (be it his fault or yours) (yay, money now limited to his awful store), and obviously it got to be bad enough overall because he had to put up a “why do I hear so much bad stuff about Rusty’s?” question on his FAQ page. Obviously you’re doing something wrong if you have to make that embarrassing clarification proactively on your own website. I have honestly heard 95% bad and maybe 5% good, and that might be too heavy on the good.

in all seriousness though, I'd love to see a thread about the various long arm kits with some link calculator screenshots to understand the mechanics of why they don't work that great.

Reactions: SvtLdr