Thoughts on Grille Guards?

I live in antelope/elk/deer country. They are everywhere here. So are bull bars. I've even seen them on Honda Civics. Don't know how good mine would do in an animal collision but it was an easy bolt on accessory offered by Rock Hard 4X4 who makes my front bumper.
20211206_175842.jpg

That's more of a stinger, something designed to prevent flipping over frontwards and preventing damage to the hood and front clip in a rollover. Shorter ones that don't really reach the top of the hood are winch guards, they normally just protect the winch from trail damage. Get what you like, most of the time they are for looks but there's nothing wrong with building it however you want. If somebody asks why you put it on just say cause it looks cool that way you don't have to listen to them tell you that you don't need it because blah blah blah.

That's more of a stinger, something designed to prevent flipping over frontwards and preventing damage to the hood and front clip in a rollover. Shorter ones that don't really reach the top of the hood are winch guards, they normally just protect the winch from trail damage. Get what you like, most of the time they are for looks but there's nothing wrong with building it however you want. If somebody asks why you put it on just say cause it looks cool that way you don't have to listen to them tell you that you don't need it because blah blah blah.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I love the look of them, they look badass and I’m just trying to justify buying it. I have only off-roaded once and I don’t have a winch yet though. I didn’t know the difference in uses for stinger vs short guard, thanks.

Reactions: wigsajumper