Thoughts on paint colors for skids and other parts

Kevin Q

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My TJR is Bright Silver. I LOVE the Silver/Black look on it. Thinking about a 3rd color when I lift it. I would paint/powdercoat the shocks, D rings, Skid plate a darker orange like the picture below. Thought it might look good with the other colors. Bumpers would still be black.

main-qimg-dba9248d6ba33cfce6ebba15834b7156.jpg

I think bright color accents look awesome on neutral color jeeps. When I get new control arms, I’m going to get them yellow to match my OME shocks.

I'm more of a monotone color preference for most vehicles. I've got a 'blackout' with a few bits of charcoal gray here and there, but I can appreciate a Jeep with a few tasteful pops of color. I just lack the ability to properly locate and limit those 'pops' myself.

Meh...

Chasing that "aftermarket" look looks cheesy in my opinion. Your skid plates, if used, are going to be beaten on the trail. Drings should only be used when recovery is taking place, they dont need to be flashy. Shocks...I painted mine black, but the factory paint on them was shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition
Meh...

Chasing that "aftermarket" looks cheesy in my opinion. Your skid plates, if used, are going to be beaten on the trail. Drings should only be used when recovery is taking place, they dont need to be flashy. Shocks...I painted mine black, but the factory paint on them was shit.
Aluminum skids look great especially when scratched to hell, like mine

Reactions: WHBNM and tworley