Thoughts on Pirelli Scorpion tires?

01saharatj

Thinking of putting on a set of Pirelli Scorpion tires on jeep, size is 265 75 16 on my 01 sahara.. yes i know i need spacers and lift kit... i need to know what people think of them.

If you are looking for an AT tire, I have not seen anyone using these tires on the forum, though they may be. Pick a tire for the terrain you are planning to drive your Jeep on, considering the percentage of time you will spend on each terrain and judge accordingly. Hope you get some good feedback on these tires.

I should preface that i was given 2 of these tires by a friend who didnt like the road noise they made on his truck

Here is a pic of said tires

E5B9F3AE-012E-40BC-AB64-7DC0431C65F9.jpeg

I have these tires on my overland trailer, not a great test, but they have worked well for me

I have run them on a Chevy 2500 and they are ok. They have some road noise, decent traction in light mud, but was not happy with the mileage (24000 and should have replaced them before I did).

I have a set on an old diesel Excursion. They have been good but I pretty much only tow a camper with it. The Ex doesn't get driven much so I can't speak of their wear but I do need new tires because of age and side wall cracking.

I ran a couple sets on a truck and a tahoe. Didn't get much for miles. Traction and road noise were fine.

I went to tire works to have the rim swapped so i could use the second tire and i ended up buying 4 toyo overlanders