Thoughts on raptor lining interior floor

Sandcrab

Supporting Member
Just recently purchased this 97 TJ. The floors are in good shape no rust,but I am going to use on beach a lot. I was thinking about lining floor /complete interior color matched,so I can just hose it out. Any thoughts pros or cons. Would like to here them. Thanks for your replies.

Cons are once done it is a bitch to remove if you change your mind

Tends to trap dirt and looks dirty all the time

If not prepped properly can peel off in sheets

Tough on your skin

Reactions: ColoJeep
Just recently purchased this 97 TJ. The floors are in good shape no rust,but I am going to use on beach a lot. I was thinking about lining floor /complete interior color matched,so I can just hose it out. Any thoughts pros or cons. Would like to here them. Thanks for your replies.

I cant comment on raptor linner directly. But i did do monstaliner in my tj.

Whether it is easy to clean or not really depends on who you go with.

Some easy cons:
Lower resale
Some bedliners are rough enough to cause abrasions
Issues color matching depending on the color of jeep and brand of bedliner.
Turn off to a lot of buyers
Pain in the ass to remove if you choose to.

Some pros that ive found on what i used are:
Easy to clean
Cheap to do and repair
Washes off really nicely.
Dont give a damn about the paint.

In all honesty what you will find is a lot of different opinions, you just have to ask does this fit my build or what i want in my rig. It definitely wont look showroom or like nice paint.

✌️

Reactions: 1o1proof

I just use good old rattle can ,and get the jk plugs on Amazon just pull em and the 5drain lines stamped in the floor work great

I love it. Rain, mud, snow…who cares. It washes up (to our standards) easily and doesn’t smell like a wet dog when wet. But, like others have said, to each his own.

And the abrasiveness is all determined by the installer / gun position/pressure relative to the surface you are spraying. It can be almost as smooth as the factory hard top coating or as rough as a bed liner.

Personally, this and some leather or vinyl seats are the perfect combo. I’m all about easy cleanup. Am I the minority? Yep…but that’s ok. :ROFLMAO:

Mine was already done in gray raptor liner when I got it. I like the low maintenance feel of it, just wipe it out and you're good. I'm sure you could put carpet back in if you get tired of it?

I love it. Rain, mud, snow…who cares. It washes up (to our standards) easily and doesn’t smell like a wet dog when wet. But, like others have said, to each his own.

And the abrasiveness is all determined by the installer / gun position/pressure relative to the surface you are spraying. It can be almost as smooth as the factory hard top coating or as rough as a bed liner.

Personally, this and some leather or vinyl seats are the perfect combo. I’m all about easy cleanup. Am I the minority? Yep…but that’s ok. :ROFLMAO:

Couldnt agree more, im messy😂

Pull the carpet out for beach time , pull the drain plugs , hose out the interior avoiding the dash and seats. Jeeps where always designed with hose out in mind.

1943_Willys-Overland_Jeep_05-1079809466.jpg

Bedliner can trap water and rust underneath. Beach jeep says rust to me. I'd want to be able to see and treat it early

Ours came with some type liner inside (professionally done, just don't know brand). We love it. Looks great, easy to clean out. Some will state unequivocally that the floor gets too hot with it in but we're in Texas and never notice any heat issues at all.
We didn't particularly look for a Jeep with bedliner inside but are definitely happy we ended up with one

Bedliner can trap water and rust underneath. Beach jeep says rust to me. I'd want to be able to see and treat it early

I don’t understand where this comes from. While a plastic drop in bed liner would certain trap moisture, I don’t see how a roll on liner would trap moisture.

I applied Herculiner to the floor of my LJ in 2005 and haven’t had any rust issues. In fact, I pretty sure it’s kept the floor from developing rust.

I raptor lined the interior of my jeep. It was great because you could just hose down the jeep after a dirty trip. If you use car soap on it then it still looks new.

I put down carpet about a year ago to try and keep down sound but have been tempted to pull it out again.

Reactions: L J
I raptor lined the interior of my jeep. It was great because you could just hose down the jeep after a dirty trip.

Liner definitely is tougher than paint. My paint is getting worn under the mats with no carpet but i have never understood this logic.my brother said the same thing.why can't i hose out my jeep with just painted steel?

Liner definitely is tougher than paint. My paint is getting worn under the mats with no carpet but i have never understood this logic.my brother said the same thing.why can't i hose out my jeep with just painted steel?

I don't see why you couldn't. Typically though people have carpet so I based my response off that.

Fair enough. With mine I just looked from underneath at the floorboards. Being in Texas rust really isn't a huge concern here

that is true. Not as much here either, but I've come across a few that were transplanted down here from the great lakes area and New England that were pretty rough.

I think generally you can spot it from underneath a lot of the time because it often starts at the torque box. But there are people that let carpeted Jeeps get rained on with the top down and I can't rule out that paint rubbed off by carpet combined with trapped water would start rot from the inside out...and then be covered in bedliner rather than fixing it correctly.