Thoughts on this hard top?

OE hard tops here in florida are $1200 for a mint one all the way down to about $600 for an imperfect one missing back glass. That price seems crazy high to me...but. I know how housing is in SF so is everything inflated?

Way too high. I wouldn't pay over $1,000, maybe $1,200. As an example I got my mint top in California for $800.

That's way too high. If you’re willing to pay that much you could get a brand new one from a place like Rally Tops. There are others out there but I know Rally top has some cool add ons you can get with it like a roof rack or sliding rear windows. I wouldn’t pay more than $1000 for a used one and it would have to be in very good condition for me to pay that much.

Jeep TJ Rally Top

Last edited:
With the inserts, assuming they are in mint condition, it wouldn't be a terrible deal at $1,800. That said I often see tops in the $750-$1,000 range.

That's loco pricing, even if you were to offer $1,800. Also, the seller says "mint condition," but you can see what appears to be some paint chipping on the top's bottom corner.

$1500 tops with the upper sliders, and that's if they are mint.

Agree with this. Not a penny over $1500.

Plus, I don't see how it would be mint condition unless he drove it from the dealer to his home and never left the garage. If it's been outside at all, it's not mint.

Reactions: Fonz54
One thing besides being overpriced is, the top is from an older TJ and won't be correct for his 2004 it's going on.
The hard top has vents behind the side windows and my 2004 Rubicon has no vents in hard top. My vent is in the tailgate.

One thing besides being overpriced is, the top is from an older TJ and won't be correct for his 2004 it's going on.
The hard top has vents behind the side windows and my 2004 Rubicon has no vents in hard top. My vent is in the tailgate.
Thanks did not know that.