Threw CEL code P0172: need code reader

cliffish

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Threw CEL code today - 0172...too rich? Anyone deal with this...I don't want to just throw o2 sensors at it if there is a real problem going on. Jeep runs fine. Also what is the recommended code reader that will run real time and clear the code instead of just disconnecting the battery.

look for corrosion on the tabs where the code readers plug into, seen some corrosion o the tabs on mine today.....gettin in with wet boots throwing water up onto the female plugs...?

I have this one it has never let me down and was really reasonable. Unfortunately when I got rid of my android for a iphone, it doesn't sync up anymore. It does say that now on the site, but it didn't originally. The Torque app is free, if you don't buy the pro, but I have been able to put in 3 vehicles so far, and I have not needed to upgrade. If you have an old android tablet or phone it is a great solution, but if you have only an iphone it won't sync unfortunately.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have had mine for over 4 years with no issues. I keep an old slow ass android tablet around just for that because now I have an iphone and ipad too. I have not found a good app nor a good bluetooth solution for the ilife yet.

Reactions: cliffish
you know, I have to look...I seem to have the entire families old cell phones around, I know there is a moto and Galaxy somewhere....never thought of doing that! - Thx

Found an old android phone - can I still download an app without the phone currently on a cell plan?
As long as you can connect it to your network you should be able to. Oops just notice Codaman answered, but to reiterate you need a play store account although the app is free, so you may be able to dl without an account not sure.