Throttle position sensor

Ohio 222

I was told my throttle position sensor was bad. I replaced it still the engine runs rough , when I pull the wiring off the sensor it runs normal

I recently learned this lesson with TPS sensors.. ONLY use a mopar OEM sensor.. and I repeat it every time it comes up. Anything else will likely not work.

I used a brand new auto store one, had the same problem and spent a month trying to find what it could be.. only to break down and spend the extra money to get an OEM.. problem fixed instantly.

Why did u think it was the TPS? What engine codes do you have? Report back with the codes.

Try disconnecting the battery's negative lead, then reinstall the replacement TPS. Then reconnect the battery. Disconnecting the battery those several minutes will reset the computer so it can "re-learn" the new TPS. The old TPS may have been so bad that the computer learned some bad parameters from it.

Or the TPS you installed was a cheap aftermarket and it has problems. Where sensors are concerned it's always best to go with OEM and DEFINITELY not use store-brands.