Thrust Angle

Midtenn

TJ Addict
So I posted this picture on a FB site asking about the camber angle and if I should use a shim or adjustable ball joint (I've been convinced "none of the above..do nothing" is likely the best answer. But then some dudes where arguing about my thrust angle. One guy says thrust angle can be fixed by rear lower adjustable control arms. Another says I need a rear adjustable track bar. (My rear track bar is fixed, rear lower is fixed zone offroad, rear upper is rockmen double adjustable).

So 1, is my thrust angle an issue?
2...to fix it should I get adjustable control arms or is it a track bar?

I know I should probably buy both at some point, but I'd like to learn what fixes and causes what.

image0.jpeg

The thrust angle has so much to do with the way they installed the alignment equipment. I had mine checked 3 different times while I was doing front end work and the thrust angle was different each time.

The question is, does the Jeep track straight when driving? If it does I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Reactions: Alex01
The thrust angle has so much to do with the way they installed the alignment equipment. I had mine checked 3 different times while I was doing front end work and the thrust angle was different each time.

The question is, does the Jeep track straight when driving? If it does I wouldn't worry about it at all.

It tracks straight enough I believe. Not as good as my car, but enough where I could let go of the wheel for a second and not crash.

I just looked at two of my printouts. They were done 30 minutes apart without any adjustments. The only thing that was done was the equipment was removed and reinstalled.

1st thrust angle measurement was +.15
2nd thrust angle measurement was -.28

Which one should I believe?

It tracks straight enough I believe. Not as good as my car, but enough where I could let go of the wheel for a second and not crash.
All roads are crowned for water drainage and some more than others so that affects tracking as well.

Are your tires showing any abnormal wear? When dealing with solid axles f and r there are only so many ways to dial in everything. If, on a good multi lane road it will track straight and has no odd tire wear then you are more than good enough. You could pull all sorts of measurements off the axles and frame and end up with nothing better.

Reactions: Midtenn and CodaMan