Thunderhead’s MNF

Kind of quiet over here. Work busting your butt buddy? Sadly, I don't think there will be much left of Letts Lake, so glad you got to camp there before the fires.

Yep. Been on the road delivering. Almost finished with fair season by the middle of September. October and November are real slow for us. So I’m just holding the fort down till then.
I can’t even imagine how bad it’s gunna be at Letts Lake. Plus it’s hunting season so with the limited areas I imagine it’s going to be packed up there

Yep. Been on the road delivering. Almost finished with fair season by the middle of September. October and November are real slow for us. So I’m just holding the fort down till then.
I can’t even imagine how bad it’s gunna be at Letts Lake. Plus it’s hunting season so with the limited areas I imagine it’s going to be packed up there

Yep, they will all be going north up your direction. Not much left south of Lake Pillsbury, and now they are back burning along the M3 and Snow Mt. to keep it away from Stonyford.

@bobthetj03
Hey where did y’all go wheeling at Castle Craggs a few years ago? We are going camping there at the state park this weekend. We’ve done the hike up to Castle dome before but was wondering if they had any sporty stuff or was it FS roads

@bobthetj03
Hey where did y’all go wheeling at Castle Craggs a few years ago? We are going camping there at the state park this weekend. We’ve done the hike up to Castle dome before but was wondering if they had any sporty stuff or was it FS roads

We took a trail to Tamarack Lake. Once you get to the park, just follow the paved road west up the mountain. Follow the paved road for several miles. There will be a dirt road that goes to the left. I believe there was a sign. I didn't use GPS or anything, so I'm sure there was a sign to Twin Lakes and Tamarack Lake. The last couple miles to the lake gets a bit sporty, but nothing you can't handle.
5.jpg

Castle Creek Rd. eventually turns into Ramshron Rd. Follow that road for a bit then veer off to the left on dirt road. Take FSR 38N17.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Yea my brother in law has been to Tamarack so we were going to head up there. Awesome. Plus on Sunday I’m taking my wife to
Mossbrae Falls in Dunsmuir.

Yea my brother in law has been to Tamarack so we were going to head up there. Awesome. Plus on Sunday I’m taking my wife to
Mossbrae Falls in Dunsmuir.

the Falls are cool. I believe @lowranger went there the day before the rest of us arrived. Dunsmuir is a quirky little town. My daughter lived there for a spell.I'd like to go back up there sometime. Lots of other trails to explore up there. Can't explore much here anymore thanks to the wildfires.

the Falls are cool. I believe @lowranger went there the day before the rest of us arrived. Dunsmuir is a quirky little town. My daughter lived there for a spell.I'd like to go back up there sometime. Lots of other trails to explore up there. Can't explore much here anymore thanks to the wildfires.
Is this the falls you're talking about JB?
IMG_20160716_120428207.jpg

Reactions: Fonz54
Saturday we grabbed a campsite on the River Trail. Headed up to Tamarack Lake to eat lunch.

1BF10C02-91F9-492B-AFE6-D35FDFF87309.jpeg

5534C3DE-DD22-4E9A-9D96-0CED6B8053F6.jpeg

Got back to camp around 3. It started raining on and off till about 10 pm. We had us a big ol fire going and finished dinner but then it really started raining good so we retired to the tent for other adult activities.
C981F2FC-B20E-47C7-A735-61B75466BA45.jpeg

7863D8E4-2BB6-4C19-8E25-9815631FB924.jpeg

Mossbre Falls was amazing.
502F06C6-5FD4-46A5-8759-B34E1FD00060.jpeg

C2249F0A-F3BA-4418-951B-DBDFF858A8C1.jpeg

977D16C6-A4EE-4579-A86D-47721D720712.jpeg

Reactions: Thunderhead