Tick Tick Tick

well i used Valvoline MaxLife 10w-30 , which is a synthetic blend. and a WIX XP extended performance filter ( 51085XP ) for Synthetic oils. . and i did put one t spoon of caster oil in just to clean out the —— hahaha

Reactions: JP98
thanks yall. ill keep in touch and let you know about the ticking on this thread. I may run it buy a mechanic or two and see what they think it is.

Just curious. I have a tick too, but it's intermittent, and it doesn't matter whether its cold or operating temp. It comes and goes. I've tried Marvel, lifter free, and switched to Castrol High Mileage 10w30. still there. I haven't ruled out an exhaust leak either.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Just curious. I have a tick too, but it's intermittent, and it doesn't matter whether its cold or operating temp. It comes and goes. I've tried Marvel, lifter free, and switched to Castrol High Mileage 10w30. still there. I haven't ruled out an exhaust leak either.

It very well could be an exhaust leak in your case!

What's a good manifold?

You just want to use the stock one. The aftermarket exhaust manifolds (or as some call them headers, even though they aren't even half of a header) have been proven to make very negligible gains, in addition to being much more prone to cracking than the stock ones.

Reactions: Forty