Tie downs for towing chains vs straps

Thanks for all the discussion and feedback. After looking quite a bit I Bit the bullet and bought the Macs kit in blue since it should perfectly match my seats and roll bar anyway and I got the chain extensions in case I want to use them in stake pockets ever. I also purchased two of the low profile lashing winches that I will mount to the frame up front and two extra 2” running ends of webbing with the twisted snap hooks for use with the lashing winches and a set of 4 double stud track sections with ring anchors and backing plates. For additional tie down locations. I am also going to build a removable bulkhead for the front tires to rest against that will go from side to side across the trailer and pin into some stake pockets. I thought that was a great idea.
You could also put some short side rails just outside each rear tire to get the rest of it located. There is a neat trick I used on my other trailer to go over the rear tires when other stuff is in the way. Hook into an anchor, go over the tire through a D ring which turns the direction of the strap 90 degrees which lets you put the ratchet on the deck away from the tire so you can work the handle unobstructed. The end of the ratchet goes to another D ring far enough away to stay out of trouble.

Reactions: Rescue6
You could also put some short side rails just outside each rear tire to get the rest of it located. There is a neat trick I used on my other trailer to go over the rear tires when other stuff is in the way. Hook into an anchor, go over the tire through a D ring which turns the direction of the strap 90 degrees which lets you put the ratchet on the deck away from the tire so you can work the handle unobstructed. The end of the ratchet goes to another D ring far enough away to stay out of trouble.
Sounds like what I use on my Dads trailer. He has track front to rear built into his deck. With these over the wheel straps with what he calls “idlers” redirecting the straps both in front and behind the wheels to keep things out of the way for his vette.

Sounds like what I use on my Dads trailer. He has track front to rear built into his deck. With these over the wheel straps with what he calls “idlers” redirecting the straps both in front and behind the wheels to keep things out of the way for his vette.
Macs sells them

1379DE37-16FF-4379-9368-82F0A91F3BF3.jpeg

Reactions: Rescue6 and 5632
Received my new MAC’s tie downs and all I can say so far is the scream quality product for fit and finish. The ratchets ar so smooth to operate as well. So glad I spent the coin. I have already ordered a few more products based on what I received. Can’t wait to load the Jeep up on Tuesday and use them.

Reactions: WSS and Apparition