Tie rod wasn’t bent

Rooster

TJ Enthusiast
Ok, I'm embarrassed to say this but, the tie rod was NOT bent. It was a ZJ tie rod that was on the jeep when I bought it. I was unfamiliar with the ZJ tie rod upgrade and was pleasantly surprised to learn of it. There's got to be 20 different tie rod/drag link upgrades, swaps, and total redesigns for the TJ and this old CJ guy is still learning.
20191125_192652.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
Ok, I'm embarrassed to say this but, the tie rod was NOT bent. It was a ZJ tie rod that was on the jeep when I bought it. I was unfamiliar with the ZJ tie rod upgrade and was pleasantly surprised to learn of it. There's got to be 20 different tie rod/drag link upgrades, swaps, and total redesigns for the TJ and this old CJ guy is still learning.View attachment 127008

I stared at this picture way too long, trying to figure out how the Jeep was elevated. Too much turkey and spirits yesterday I guess.

Get rid of the dropped pitman arm. Your TJ will drive much better with a stock one.

I wish the ZJ rod didnt bent down like that and lose a little clearance but sure cant beat it for the money.

Anyone ever bend one of these with 35s?