Tight u-joint?

I don't like to use a press on ujoints for any part of the job. Better to shock the caps out than bend the ears with steady high pressure

I understand - and even agree. But this one wasn't going to come out without a press. The other two halves, no problem - but that one, HUGE problem.

In any event, the entire thing is together - and the other two halves are also quasi-tight. They didn't get that way until the last couple of whacks from the hammer/socket. Which was the ONLY way to get the thinnest of the snap rings to seat. I'm thinking the things are made that way on purpose, and the nylon thrust washers in the carriers/end caps will quickly wear down to what is needed.

Have to touch up my paint job, but its otherwise ready to re-install:
DSC01889.JPG

Reactions: Rickyd
Too lazy. Black is easier, the U-joints themselves I painted Green just to use up a can of spraypaint that's been sitting around since about 1996!

You screwed up the red paint scheme. I was shocked when you painted them green. Is that part of your leftist GO GREEN agenda? ;)
p.s. Your avatar still brings back my childhood nightmares about Morbid Poppins. I love it! :)

You screwed up the red paint scheme. I was shocked when you painted them green. Is that part of your leftist GO GREEN agenda? ;)
p.s. Your avatar still brings back my childhood nightmares about Morbid Poppins. I love it! :)

Fuck the Leftist GREEN agenda! I used to consider myself an environmentalist - but there's a balance to everything and as always, neither "side" can find it - only extremes.

I had an email conversation with the gal at my ex-employer who photoshopped that picture. She's glad its finding use - but she also told me that DEI has hit BIG TIME and she would get into trouble for making something like that today. I loved that employer, but I would have been fired and/or be jailed by now. Glad I'm out of that state!

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman