• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Time capsule CJs

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Man look at these classic Jeeps and the condition they are in! I love the flat metal dash and the simplistic interior. As I get older, the more I appreciate simplicity in life in general. Really would like to get an old CJ someday and restore it over time.

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
Man look at these classic Jeeps and the condition they are in! I love the flat metal dash and the simplistic interior. As I get older, the more I appreciate simplicity in life in general. Really would like to get an old CJ someday and restore it over time.

I saw that you posted a reaction to my tale of buying a Jeep from Collins Bros. in Wylie. That place is amazing. You want to buy everything they have. You need to be Jay Leno, though, they are pricey. I prefer to look at them...CJs look better than they drive.

Reactions: psrivats
OP
psrivats

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I saw that you posted a reaction to my tale of buying a Jeep from Collins Bros. in Wylie. That place is amazing. You want to buy everything they have. You need to be Jay Leno, though, they are pricey. I prefer to look at them...CJs look better than they drive.
I just searched for Collins Bros on the forum and your post came up. Great story. I can only imagine how their collection would be. I've never driven a CJ, only seen old ones in not-so-great condition so I'll take your word for how they drive in stock config. But I love the interior and exterior looks of them much more than TJs. Someday I'll get one to restore.

oldschoolsdime92

TJ Enthusiast
The more I look at CJs the more I want one. I love my wrangler. Its become nearly my daily driver (oddly enough a gas saver compared to my truck) But the simplicity of a CJ is amazing. Just such a cool ride.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ

AndyG

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
At Lake Guntersville on the 4th I saw an absolutely pristine CJ -7 Laredo , it absolutely stunned me ... red in silver trim . I traded in an 83 cj7 with 13,000 miles in about 1990. You talk about sick later ...young and dumb. . It’s a lot of why I have my TJ now. Felt I owed myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindsey97 and Chris