Time for a new tire pressure gauge. What are you using?

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I use Staun deflaters and an ARB analog gauge/inflator (ARB605A) on the compressor.

My decades old analog pressure gauge is off by about 5 psi. I’d like to replace it if I can’t recalibrate it. Before anyone yammers on about being out of calibration doesn’t matter as long as it is consistent, know that I want consistent across all my gauges. My daughter drives my TJ and I don’t want her to have deal with inconsistent gauges.

I’d like to stay analog. The ARB ARB506 is an obvious option as are the Joe’s Racing but I would like a gauge with a swivel head and no hose.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have the Joes Racing 30psi gauge and really like it, it seems to read 1 pound light but it appears to be consistent

I use a talking tire gauge because my eyesight is going bad. If my hearing goes, I'm screwed. :unsure:

51uDUsqmm5L._SL1200_.jpg

Check out Powertank’s gauges and inflators. They are expensive, but top quality. I have several of their analog and digital inflators in a bunch of my vehicles and the shop.

I carry an Accu-Gage 0-60 psi and an Accu-Gage 0-15 psi. Both with rubber covers and the 0-15 is painted red to help prevent a gauge destroying mistake. Could easily do without the low pressure gauge but thought it was a good idea at one time. :)

Reactions: MikekiM
I carry an Accu-Gage 0-60 psi and an Accu-Gage 0-15 psi. Both with rubber covers and the 0-15 is painted red to help prevent a gauge destroying mistake. Could easily do without the low pressure gauge but thought it was a good idea at one time. :)

low pressure is nice for ATV's, mowers, etc.

I bought a few Snap-On PGP120s, they work great. I keep one in the truck, one in the Jeep, one in the garage.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with Snap-On PGP50, as they are 1-50PSI in 1 PSI increments. Mine are 1-120 in 2 PSI increments, which I find more annoying.

either way, the Snap-On Bluepoint stuff is great quality and I have no regrets in that regard.

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket
I bought a few Snap-On PGP120s, they work great. I keep one in the truck, one in the Jeep, one in the garage.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with Snap-On PGP50, as they are 1-50PSI in 1 PSI increments. Mine are 1-120 in 2 PSI increments, which I find more annoying.

either way, the Snap-On Bluepoint stuff is great quality and I have no regrets in that regard.

Did you actually pay 50$ each

low pressure is nice for ATV's, mowers, etc.
It can also be handy when airing down deep into the single digits for snow and dry sugar sand. Gauges aren't very accurate in the bottom and top ten percent or so of their range which makes setting 5 psi accurately with a 60 psi gauge a bit of a crapshoot. Necessary? No, but it doesn't cost much or take up much space.

I'd go for something that spreads the commonly used air pressures out over the entire scale like this one. 120 psi gauges cram the most used air pressures too closely together.
View attachment 425019
Most certainly going for a 0-30 or 0-40 psi.

No need for anything higher and I won’t be lending it someone running a higher psi so no worries about toasting the gauge.

Curious if anyone else has one of these. Received this from the dealer when I purchased my TJ back in 2001.

View attachment 425059
That’s the style I’m looking for.. rotating head and no hose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford