Time for a transfer case

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My old transmission (aka Courtney Love) was so loose and sloppy. I just replaced the transmission with a low mileage junkyard transmission. It shifts so crisp and clean it has truly altered the driveability and character of the Jeep in a positive way. I filled it with Red Line MTL naturally. Drives like new. I liked this so much I just grabbed the transfer case to do the same. I won't be surprised it it further smoothes and quiets the ride. I will swap the SYE over to it. If this keeps up my engine is next. I really must reimport this TJ. It deserves to come home.

I recently got into TJ's, and due to my experience with collecting military 6x6's, I decided to start amassing Tj parts well before I needed them. I bought one tcase for $180, and another for $75.

I say get it before you need it.

I'm about to rebuild mine, damn thing is leaking between the cases. Whomever installed the SYE (PO) did not do a good job of sealing it up.
One more thing...

Here in Dubai they import from Japan extremely low mileage TJs and YJs just to scrap them for parts and then export to other countries. 50-70K mile drivelines are not rare. My TJ lived here it's whole life and it spent a lot of time in the desert. While the environment is 100% rust free, sand commits other sins. I am sure that was the reason my tranny was a worn out slush box. I imagine the TC is the same.

Here in Dubai they import from Japan extremely low mileage TJs and YJs just to scrap them for parts and then export to other countries. 50-70K mile drivelines are not rare. My TJ lived here it's whole life and it spent a lot of time in the desert. While the environment is 100% rust free, sand commits other sins. I am sure that was the reason my tranny was a worn out slush box. I imagine the TC is the same.
I envy you every time I see you post about Dubai. Enjoy your time over there with the Jeep.