Time-off movies and TV show recommendations

Kaptainkid1

TJ Enthusiast
Since we have so much time off I want to recommend good Movies or TV show. Must see! Please reply with a good suggestion so people don't go crazy watching crap.

My movie recommendation:
"Upgrade" Sci-Fi near future cult movie favorite.

My TV show recommendation:
Netflix Orzarks with Jason Bateman
If you like Breaking Bad this is a good copy.

Chime in!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Watch every season of Fargo and prepare to experience quite possibly the best TV show ever made.

That and Mr. Robot.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
Altered Carbon isn't bad on Netflix, very interesting concept.

The Expanse is a wonderful sci-fi show, I think they're all on Amazon.

I can’t get in to Tiger King. It feels like a single Dateline episode stretched into seven.

Also: Inception is awesome.

Tiger King is like a train wreck followed by a bigger train wreck every episode.

Haven't seen it, but doesn't it take place in Florida? Sounds like it takes place in Florida.

Reactions: Starrs
Gone with the Wind tonite, the classics are the best.

gone-with-the-wind-dvd-cover-63.jpg

Longest movie ever made. Complete with an Intermission.

Last edited:
Here is a movie with similar experiences to the Coronavirus Virus. This movie was made in 2011 and has the same pandemic path we're facing now. Very eerie. Why live it when you can just watch a movie.
Contagion: Matt Damon

Since we have so much time off I want to recommend good Movies or TV show. Must see! Please reply with a good suggestion so people don't go crazy watching crap.

My movie recommendation:
"Upgrade" Sci-Fi near future cult movie favorite.

My TV show recommendation:
Netflix Orzarks with Jason Bateman
If you like breaking bad this is a good copy.

Chime in!

If you liked upgrade... try hardcore henry.

No idea why folks want to watch shows like Contagion right now. I do everything humanly possible to escape the Coronavirus news. No need to get stressed watching those types of movies. I am totally doing the stay at home order though. Have been since 3/12 other than taking a few solo rides in the Jeep.

I work in lending for a bank so I certainly have no lack of things to do especially with the stimulus PPP loans now. Working 100% from home. But when I get to relax I choose to escape to more carefree times. As for tv shows:
Original Star Trek
Adam 12
Cannon
Cagney & Lacey
Chicago Hope
Columbo
Dragnet
Emergency
Fringe
Grimm
Highway Patrol (1955)
Hill Street Blues
LA Law
MASH
Mannix
Miami Vice
The Mod Squad
NYPD Blue
Quincy
The Rockford Files
Seinfeld
The Shield
Starsky & Hutch
Supernatural
The Twilight Zone
The Wire
The X Files

Have all episodes of each of the above...yes, legally...

Planning on watching the First 4 Alien movies in the week or two (personal fav)

The Expanse is a wonderful sci-fi show, I think they're all on Amazon.

Came here to post that. LOVE The Expanse.

Make sure if you folks watch The Expanse, you give it until at least episode 5. :D

Battlestar Galactica is great, Stargate SG-1 is great, episodes of the rebooted Top Gear are great, Eureka is great, Firefly is great...

As for movies...

Memento
The Island
The Prestige
Pirates of the Caribbean
Serenity
Minority Report
Edge of Tomorrow
Oblivion
Lord of the Rings Trilogy (extended edition is only edition)
Blazing Saddles
Fight Club
Speed Racer
etc...

Final season? Where did you read that? I heard they had at least one or two more seasons planned after season 4.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/netflix-reportedly-splitting-stranger-things-season-4-parts/
We Got This Covered has heard from our sources – the same ones who said Han will return in Fast & Furious 9 and that Transformers is being rebooted – that Netflix is very likely going to split Stranger Things season 4 into two parts. We’ve been informed that, though the original plan was to make season 4 the last, they’ve now decided to just extend the plot across an additional run. The second part, we’re told, may be marketed as season 5, but it’ll essentially be the second half of season 4 as it will continue the same storyline.