Time-off movies and TV show recommendations

Battlestar Galactica is great, Stargate SG-1 is great, Eureka is great, Firefly is great... Another Life (NETFLIX) is a great sci fi series season 2 is coming.... try Longmire and Yellow Stone. TheOrville is a good star trek knock off.

🍻

Two words...Peaky Blinders. Typical BBC quality. The characters are magnificent, the cinematography is first rate and the story is compelling. Start with the first episode and binge watch the whole series. There’s only 6 episodes per season, so with 5 seasons that’s 30 episodes. It will go by fast, and you’ll be wanting more. Thankfully 2 more seasons are planned. Helpful hint: Watch with subtitles, as the British accents are quite thick. Alfie Solomons is particularly difficult to decipher, but what a great character!

Reactions: Hunter Rich
Also watching more & more YouTube these days.
So many cool channels showing good content lately: BustedKnuckle, Matt's Recovery, Lite Brite, Nitro Circus, Dirt Lifestyle, etc.

Reactions: qslim
Also watching more & more YouTube these days.
So many cool channels showing good content lately: BustedKnuckle, Matt's Recovery, Lite Brite, Nitro Circus, Dirt Lifestyle, etc.
Matt's Recovery is a lot of fun. My kid said if we get to go down to Moab again this year he wants to find his garage so he can meet him.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Black Sails! If you're into Pirate stories, this series interprets the beginning of some of the biggest pirate names in history. Long John Silver, Black Beard, etc.... Some great surprises and great character portrayal. Also, for those that need be concerned with it, plenty of eye candy. Rated TV-MA.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Black Sails! If you're into Pirate stories, this series interprets the beginning of some of the biggest pirate names in history. Long John Silver, Black Beard, etc.... Some great surprises and great character portrayal. Also, for those that need be concerned with it, plenty of eye candy. Rated TV-MA.
Aye matey!!!

Good clean Canadian humor: Corner Gas, The Red Green Show.
A little more adult oriented : Letterkenny

In no particular order...
Idiocracy
Breaking Bad
Better Caul Saul
El Camino
Anything with Paul Rudd
Strangers with Candy
Scrubs (you'll know if you like it quick or not at least)
Cool Hand Luke
Generation Kill
Blackhawk Down
South Park
Saving Private Ryan
Person of Interest
Silicon Valley
The Package
Sicario
Super Troopers
Darkest Hour
Ken Burns Vietnam War
Ash Vs Evil Dead
Shooter
The strain
Zoolander
13 Hours
12 Monkeys
Homeland
Fury
True Detective (first is the best)
OA
That's a start...

Last edited:
The Stand
Dunkirk
Alone in the Wilderness
Jeremiah Johnson
Red Dawn (80's version just to clarify an earlier post)
A Bridge too Far
Patton
Jarhead (the first one, not the second)
The Hurtlocker
Longmire
Anchorman
21 Jump Street
22 Jump Street
Dirty Dozen
Clint Eastwood Movies
Charles Bronson Movies

Last edited:
Freud on Netflix, in German. The English dubbed version is just plain wrong. The fictitious plot is ludicrous on many levels, so suspend disbelief and trip-out.

I do love a good movie but more of a series guy. Some of my favorite series, no order:

Goliath
Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul
Mindhunter
All of the Narcos series
Outlander
Ozark
The Expanse
The Last Kingdom
Game of Thrones
The Mandalorian
Mrs. Maisel
Jack Ryan
True Detective
Vikings
Band of Brothers/ The Pacific
Battlestar Galactica
Bloodline
Broadchurch
Chernobyl
Deadwood
Hell on Wheels
Happy Valley
House of Cards
Mars
Ray Donovan
Rectify
Rome
Six Feet Under
All of the Spartacus series
The Fall
The Killing
The Newsroom
The Tudors

Reactions: BugoutJeep
One of my favs - older, true story, but really long. If you haven' seen it, now is a good time & makes you really appreciate living in the U.S.A - "MIDNIGHT EXPRESS"

Reactions: pagrey
Is anyone on the new season of Westworld? I really enjoyed the 1st season, 2nd one was just bonkers, and this one so far is somewhere in between

If you can find it, Red Dwarf is an amazing British scifi comedy. Red Green and Corner Gas and Letterkenny, Trailer Park Boys, This Hour Has 22 Minutes and Due South are all great Canadian shows. Moon is a great scifi on NETFLIX, along with Ex Machina. Annihilation is a good one on HULU.

🍻

I keep reading recommendations about Mrs. Maisel. I watched the first episode, and almost turned it off. If it was 60 minutes long, it took 40 minutes to get interesting to me. Does it pick up is later episodes?

Is Jericho still on prime or Netflix? They should have never cancelled that.
Jericho was good. I may need to go back and watch that one whenever I get some time. Of course I don't want to have any of this forced free time I hear people talk about either. It makes me kind of thankful that for months I've barely had time to sit down and eat outside of work (desk job). And I'm actually just barely getting caught up from being so busy early this year, well last few years at work.

If I'd stay off this forum I probably would be all caught up by now...

Reactions: Apparition
Another one, if you can watch History channel on demand.

1586368364939.jpeg

Reactions: Hog and BugoutJeep