Time to be a real Jeep!

I've got one spring on. Here's the difference between old springs and new, Aldi's Coke for reference. Might help those curious as to how much lift they gain. Wrangler Authority 31x10.50r15.

This is with new spring on driver, factory on passenger.

IMG_0424.jpeg

IMG_0423.jpeg

Don't forget to completely loosen the bolts on all your control arm bushings, shock bushings, trackbar bushings, and retighten them at your new ride height.

I tried Aldi diet coke a couple times and didn't care for it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: AWayne
Don't forget to completely loosen the bolts on all your control arm bushings, shock bushings, trackbar bushings, and retighten them at your new ride height.

I tired Aldi diet coke a couple times and didn't care for it at all.

Hadn't heard this one before. Just done some quick reading on it. Should I wait til everything is fully installed, then go around and loosen+ re-torque?

I haven't had the diet! The regular is... well it's off brand coke. Moderately edible

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Hadn't heard this one before. Just done some quick reading on it. Should I wait til everything is fully installed, then go around and loosen+ re-torque?

I haven't had the diet! The regular is... well it's off brand coke. Moderately edible

I wouldn't wait. It should make the spring install go a little easier if you loosen everything first. Then tighten after you are all done with everything.

I was going to post a thread on this topic as there is not much info on the need to loosen and retorque stock control arms. Recently did a 3.5 inch front lift with 2.25 inch rear. Even after setting toe in I have a bit of a pull to the right. I'm thinking loosening the control arms and re tightening might help. If nothing else it will reduce wear on the bushings if I understand correctly.

I was going to post a thread on this topic as there is not much info on the need to loosen and retorque stock control arms. Recently did a 3.5 inch front lift with 2.25 inch rear. Even after setting toe in I have a bit of a pull to the right. I'm thinking loosening the control arms and re tightening might help. If nothing else it will reduce wear on the bushings if I understand correctly.

I'd say that's a great idea. Would be some good information.

Reactions: 97' 4 Popper
IMG_0428.jpeg

Springs are on all 4! Still need to go around and torque the control arm bolts, then a short drive to check how bad the alignment is. Probably going to take it somewhere tomorrow to see what they can do, if it's out of wack. But we're mostly done! Just gotta find my where I hid my factory steps.

Reactions: Paparock1
Update: Just took a short drive and instantly have issues. Some pretty bad vibrations when letting out of the clutch. Steering isn't great, seems kinda "darty" now. Looks like a tomorrow problem.

• Sad
Reactions: RINC
Unfortunate update: gonna order the BMB nutsert/ drop kit. Mine are toast.

I had one that was busted loose when I got mine and just ordered a whole kit because I'm sure there will be more down the road.

I recommend the insert tool that Blaine sells. You could possibly assemble it cheaper but it works great and is much more convenient than piecing it together.