Arizona Time to put the tops on

Highs are in the high 50s. Low 60's Im going to have to get the heavy jacket out. :)

I remember the Winters when I lived in the East Valley. It does indeed get cold, but nowhere near as cold as it gets some places. At least it's still sunny though!

Reactions: Boinked
Man I am glad that cold spell is over. I had to break out my hoodie. I still didn't put my top on, but my Tj has been dry docked for a week getting some repairs. If I don't hurry, it is going to be summertime before I get it ready, and I will have to put the top back on.

Man I am glad that cold spell is over. I had to break out my hoodie. I still didn't put my top on, but my Tj has been dry docked for a week getting some repairs. If I don't hurry, it is going to be summertime before I get it ready, and I will have to put the top back on.
Aren't you due for some storms tomorrow?

Reactions: ac_
Aren't you due for some storms tomorrow?
yeah it could get hairy this week, but I just poured my driveway and am waiting for it to set and my TJ is held captive in the garage till that happens, so sadly it sits in my garage with the top off hehe.

I decided to take this time to pull the trans out and the intake and exhaust off to replace all of the broken freeze plugs and put in a new clutch and water pump while it is stuck in the garage. It has been an expensive venture so far.

Although it is supposed to be off and on rainy the temps will be mild.

Yeah i drove my TJ today to get parts for a friends jeep. Almost wanted to pull the top off. But i didn't because of the rain coming.

Yeah i drove my TJ today to get parts for a friends jeep. Almost wanted to pull the top off. But i didn't because of the rain coming.
Well at least you are driving yours!! I lazed out tonight. I was going to finish putting the trans back in. but The girl had my dinner ready when I got home and I lazed out. I am hoping to get back to it tomorrow night. Still a ton of work to do.

I did get the new freeze plug flywheel, clutch and all of the small parts in. I even mated the trans to the engine and bolted the two main bell bolts and that is where I quit on Sunday night. I figure I will poke at it a few nights this week and finish it on the weekend. Oh that reminds me, I have to still order my water pump, and intake/exhaust gaskets.

Well at least you are driving yours!! I lazed out tonight. I was going to finish putting the trans back in. but The girl had my dinner ready when I got home and I lazed out. I am hoping to get back to it tomorrow night. Still a ton of work to do.

I did get the new freeze plug flywheel, clutch and all of the small parts in. I even mated the trans to the engine and bolted the two main bell bolts and that is where I quit on Sunday night. I figure I will poke at it a few nights this week and finish it on the weekend. Oh that reminds me, I have to still order my water pump, and intake/exhaust gaskets.
Damn you still have a lot to do. Im going to install my new hinges soon.

I was going to order on of the ORfab carriers but im going to wait for a while. The build quality on the one my friend ordered was crap.

Don't get me wrong its still tough as hell. But the quality of workmanship was lacking. The hold down latch was to short and we had to extend it. The threaded inserts were installed like crap. It has my wondering if they have a bunch of low paid workers who don't care about quality.

Damn you still have a lot to do. Im going to install my new hinges soon.

I was going to order on of the ORfab carriers but im going to wait for a while. The build quality on the one my friend ordered was crap.

Don't get me wrong its still tough as hell. But the quality of workmanship was lacking. The hold down latch was to short and we had to extend it. The threaded inserts were installed like crap. It has my wondering if they have a bunch of low paid workers who don't care about quality.

Stuff like that totally frustrates me! I would wait longer, and pay more for quality if given the choice.