Tips for protecting fuel lines after tummy tuck

Midnight LJR

In search of Rubicon flares.
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Had to pull two of the clips away from the frame in order to make space for the new Savvy crossmember.

Any tips for protecting the fuel lines from vibrating against the bracket I lightly bent them out and there’s a gap. But am concerned about long term vibration.

What has everyone done in this situation?

6426F526-1690-4BBB-985B-6024FD598186.jpeg
0AFF769E-F478-450A-AED8-F8FFA4CBECE9.jpeg
A37456E1-8C91-4359-A519-310727B46993.jpeg

Split some rubber hose and put over them individually and then zip tie the bundle together. Transmission fluid lines would probably work. Just get however much you need at a parts store.

I’ve not done what you’re wanting to do specifically, but have done it in other applications.

Last edited:
Split some rubber hose and put over them individually and then zip tie the bundle together. Transmission fluid lines would probably work. Just get however much you need at a parr’s store.

I’ve not done what you’re want to do specifically, but have done it in other applications.

x2

The cheap and easy split a few inches of fuel line is a better fix than any loom or transmission line. At least in my 40 years+ of wrenching. Just keep the length to 3 inches or less at a time and try to point the split down-ish to keep water from wanting to collect.