Tips on trimming interior plastic

Grey_Machine7.3

Acts like a mechanic
Supporting Member
I got a double din radio bezel for the TJ, and its just barely too small to fit my radio and cb ontop of one another. does anyone have any tips or tricks for trimming the plastic without making it look terrible?

Oh, without looking terrible? Nope, lol.

I cut the support inside for my double din with a Dremel, but it wasn't pretty.

I would clamp a metal ruler to it as a guide and use a box cutter with a new blade. Go real slow and just score it from the back, then keep going deeper until you get all the way through.

I think any sort of power tool will just melt the plastic and give you a jagged edge.

well i trimmed the inside already. now i'm just needing to trim the face. lol. i'll probably try to trim with a straighedge and a box cutter. hopfully i can do it where it doesnt look HORRIBLE. but i dont expect it to look perfect.

I used a coping saw and a fine blade for a recent project. It cut the plastic well. I used a regular wood 14 tpi blade. If you have a high speed tool like a Dremel then use a carbide burr or a sanding drum. It will cut and not melt if you take it slow. You still have to square the edges by hand with a saw or blade. I just use an xacto knife.

I'd go with a Dremel & keep the speed down so it doesn't melt the plastic. Can you rig a little piece of trim or something to make it look super sweet?