Tire and wheel retailers

schmoupe

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Been a while since I posted but it has been a tough fall and looking forward to get out of winter ASAP and start enjoying the TJ again. So couple weeks ago finally pulled the trigger on the OME 2" lift and just ordered the JKS BL which will get installed once the weather is nice again. In prep for the new look TJ I want to get a head start on the wheel/tire topic.

I have narrowed down my choices to 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2 (or KO2) on 15x8 black steel rims. I see a few places like 4wd and extreme terrain sell packages of wheels and rims balanced and shipped. Is that something anyone has experience with? do you recommend? Any other reputable vendors? Like to hear your thoughts on where to shop for tires and wheels if you were to do it again.

Thanks

Extreme Terrain, Quadratec, Northridge, and Tire Rack are all places that will sell you package deals (wheels, tires, mounted and balanced). I've ordered packages like this in the past and never had an issue.

You should be good to go!

Extreme Terrain, Quadratec, Northridge, and Tire Rack are all places that will sell you package deals (wheels, tires, mounted and balanced). I've ordered packages like this in the past and never had an issue.

You should be good to go!

Good to know! what is your personal preference on going with 33x10.5x15 on 15x8 vs 33x12.5x15 on 15x10 wheels?

Good to know! what is your personal preference on going with 33x10.5x15 on 15x8 vs 33x12.5x15 on 15x10 wheels?

The narrower 10.5" tire will drive better on-road, particularly in snow and rain.

The wider 12.5" tire will perform better off-road, particularly when aired down.

I wouldn't go with 15x10 wheels unless I was getting 13.5" or wider tires. I run 35x12.5R17 tires on 17x8 wheels. I wouldn't want that wider wheel, as it will take away from the larger "ballooned" sidewall (which serves as protection) that you'll get on the 15x8 wheel.