Tire buying time

Tomanddawn

Trying to see if anybody has any experience with Toyo Open Country A/T tires. I have totally stock 2003 Rubicon. I only put around 4000 miles a year on it. Also looking at BFG A/T and Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac. Cooper has a new tire; the Discoverer Rugged Trex. I've had several sets of Coopers on my truck, and like them a lot.

I'm a fan of Cooper St Maxx and AT3's, have never got less than 65,000 miles out of either. Lot of Toyos out there but never tried a set.

Trying to see if anybody has any experience with Toyo Open Country A/T tires. I have totally stock 2003 Rubicon. I only put around 4000 miles a year on it. Also looking at BFG A/T and Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac. Cooper has a new tire; the Discoverer Rugged Trex. I've had several sets of Coopers on my truck, and like them a lot.
What size tire are you looking at?

Goodyear just brought out a new Wrangler AT that looks pretty nice. Not really a GY fan but I liked the look of this tire. Just can’t remember what they call it. Supposed to become an OEM tire.

Reactions: TWiG01
Goodyear just brought out a new Wrangler AT that looks pretty nice. Not really a GY fan but I liked the look of this tire. Just can’t remember what they call it. Supposed to become an OEM tire.
For years GY has sold an A/T tire exclusively at Walmart. I've run it on two XJs and loved it. They're relatively inexpensive an happen to be available in the 245/75R16 size.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear...A-T-All-Season-LT245-75R16-120Q-Tire/11983159
eb-f59060ff7c70_1.a6d676f12f16bbd2d5b331feb83934b4.jpg

Reactions: Tldelaney
The Wrangler Territory. Looks decent and not overly aggressive

Reactions: SPECWAR
Stuck with the KO2s - 31x10.5 Load range C on my LJ - $1000 for 5 mounted and balanced at Costco. Have them on my JL and like them, so stuck with them.

Stuck with the KO2s - 31x10.5 Load range C on my LJ - $1000 for 5 mounted and balanced at Costco. Have them on my JL and like them, so stuck with them.
I also need tires for my '06 LJR. Wanted to get these, but not available in 16". Went with stock size (245/75-16) KO2 and load range E. I'll just run them at low pressure. Got them at Discount Tire.

I had Toyo Open Country A/T iii tries on my last Jeep and liked them. They had lots of tread, were pretty grippy and quiet, and had a nice appearance too. Rode well aired down at 26psi but they were a C range tire. Don’t know if they offer 245/75r16 in a C.
10F42C1E-143E-43A2-B98E-40153AD60185.jpeg
789E87EC-B543-49CE-9BB9-E92F81B1E949.jpeg

I run Cooper AT3 - 4s 245/75/16 tires on mine for a couple of reasons. They come in a load range C and they have decent sidewall tread. Routinely run them down to 12-15psi for logging road runs and wheeling.

Super quiet and smooth on the highway. Great in the rain. Fantastic in winter Only area lacking a little due to the tread pattern is in mud....but that is only 1% of wheeling around here most of the year.

Probably don't need a winter tire where you are so I would just get the non 4s version if it is available.

Had a set of Toyo AT3's put on my daily driver WJ a couple weeks ago. They are super smooth and quiet and have done really good in the rain. I am very happy with them. I have been a Cooper guy for years, but since Goodyear owns them now I just could not bring myself to buy them again. The Toyos also look great!

Had a set of Toyo AT3's put on my daily driver WJ a couple weeks ago. They are super smooth and quiet and have done really good in the rain. I am very happy with them. I have been a Cooper guy for years, but since Goodyear owns them now I just could not bring myself to buy them again. The Toyos also look great!
Goodyear owns Cooper? Oh crap....

I have run Toyos for 20 years The A/Ts are a great tire but not so good in the Clay type mud, When Toyo came out with the R/T I made the switch they run pretty quite compared to a M/T but way better in the Mud than an A/T I usually get around 70K miles out my Toyos and that is on big trucks F250 PSD and a PSD Excursion. if I were buying a set today I would get R/Ts hands down. As soon as my Jeep Tires wear out it will get shod with a set of Toyo R/Ts