Tire Deflators

I have the ARB E-Z deflator. It works fine and is easy to use.
X2

And I just have one hose with a lock on type chuck. I don't see the need to fool around with all that hose and fittings just to fill 2 or 4 tires at one time. Now maybe if you have a slow compressor this might be the way to go. My York OBA fills pretty fast. And when I want to fool with hoses I hook up my OBS ( On Board Shower ) 😂

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

Don't stop now, show us the rest of it. I want to see the heat exchanger and how you plumbed it.

I wish I had taken pictures when I was doing the install, instead I tried getting pictures after. I mounted a 10 plate heat exchanger that I bought from Duda Diesel below the battery and I used hose I bought from a Marine Supply store that was rated for hot water used on boats. I tapped into the water line supplying the heater core and ran it into the inlet side of the exchanger. Than ran a hose from the outlet side back to the heater core for heating side. I installed two hose bibs used for a washing maching box to get the red and blue hose bibs. The blue side is connected to the outlet side of the pump which at the time is just mounted to the front bumper and the inlet side is connected to a 20' hose with a flood sprinkler head to act as a filter just to keep rocks out of the pump.

You toss this end into the river, lake, or in my test and ice chest full of water. The water is then pumped into the cold water inlet side of the exchnager and out comes hot water to the Red Hose Bib. On my first test believe it or not the water was to HOT, and I had to add the Tempering valve to add cold water to the system. You can adjust the Tempering Valve to get the water temp you want. I am looking to mount the pump someplace final. I have attached a rough sketch.

Now for people that don't know the exchanger has 2 inlets and 2 outlets, you take hot water from the radiator in and out of ones side of the exchanger and then cold lake water into the other inlet and the radiator water transfers the heat to the cold lake water and then out comes hot lake water.

If you want some jealous from other jeepers wives looks try standing next to a freezing mount stream in your bathing suit taken a hot shower after being on a dusty trail all day.

IMG_5372.jpg

IMG_5376 (1).jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

heat-exchanger-m100-6 (1).jpg

Now a couple years ago while we were on the Rubicon my wise guys son and nephew took the jeep to the river. They took a tarp and some rock to make a pool then pumped the cold water from the river through the system. They took off the hand held shower off and propped the end of the hose with some rocks let it recirculate for awhile and made a hot tub. Now that was clever and they got tons of people stopping by to check it out

IMG_3384.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Airjunky