Tire dressing

Michael Roberson

TJ Enthusiast
f0ccdadcfd320fcd94b1d77d24cf5101.jpg
anyone ever use this as a tire dressing? Pros, cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I could be mistaken but I believeRob is saying wheel dressing is "ghetto" I see it mostly for the ricer hondas.

Don’t get me wrong, I am totally on board with mud as an accessory. And no, I’m not a JK lover by no means. I love to ride the trails and I’m certain the TJ was the last real jeep made. I’m just cleaning up the Ol Silver Dollar before a cold snap and thought I’d throw a little soap it’s way.

Reactions: Tj04
I think if you put enough light bars on you don't need a winch hahaha.

I in no way am trying to insult your desire for clean tires! I just really am curious I keep reading it's super bad to dress them.

What about just some soap and a pressure sprayer?

Reactions: Michael Roberson
I think if you put enough light bars on you don't need a winch hahaha.

I in no way am trying to insult your desire for clean tires! I just really am curious I keep reading it's super bad to dress them.

What about just some soap and a pressure sprayer?

I have heard the same thing. Generally, all I ever use is warm soap and water. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever used a tire dressing on my TJ. I certainly don’t plan on riding around with the fresh oiled look on my tires. I was asking more from a chemistry standpoint. No worries though, these tires will not last much longer, then it’s on to new rubber.

Whenever I clean my TJ up, I always put the tire shine on it. Nothing wrong with that at all! I still take it off-road, but there's nothing wrong with cleaning it up when it's nice out.

I really think you need some sort of dressing on the tires to keep them from dry rotting over time don't you? Or am I way off on this?
I think your off but what do I know. google seems to say "avoid all tire dressings. The best thing to prevent dry rot is to wash tires with warm soapy water every now and again" I paraphrased this.

Dry rot is apparently caused by low inflation, lack of use, heat, sunlight. What I've read is using any of these dressings greatly speeds up tire decay especially around the side wall.