Tire pressure gauge recommendations?

4x4king

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good, solid, accurate tire pressure gauge? Probably seems like a very simple, silly ?
But I have a number of them and they all seem to be different by a few psi, including my local tire shops.
Or is just getting close, well enough? With all the reading I’ve done on the importance of psi, and tire balance,
Just trying to fine tune the kinks :-/

How much do you want to spend? How much do you care if a guage is off by 2-4 PSI?

The lower the range of measurment the gauge reads the closer it is to accurate. A 15 PSI gauge in theory will be more accurate than a 50 or 100 PSI gauge.

Highly accurate gauges, often used in racing are really expensive. Think asphalt racing or dirt track racing.

Try Joe’s Racing or Mr. Gasket (Liquid Filled)

Last edited:
I've never had an issue... I have 4, they all record the same number, even on our bikes which are 55psi to 120psi and they are all over 30 years old. None are brand name gauges, none are dial or digital. I doubt any cost $10 even the one from when I drove truck and had to check 30 tires a day in the 1990s.

Reactions: rubicube
I buy a new tire gauge about every couple months. I’ve even paid $70 on the tool truck for one and none have lasted for more than a few months. I think they’re all hit or miss. I have two that I halfway trust. One is almost as old as I am (over 40) and the other is a $2 parts store counter impulse buy because it was close to the color of my truck. After 30 years of using every type of tire gauge available my best advice is use many. You’ll see which ones are reliable with use and comparing them to each other will let you decide which one to trust. Even then always use more than one to compare them to each other. They are notoriously inaccurate.

All that being said...buy a good digital pressure meter and get it cal’d every couple years and it’ll work. A good Fluke with transducer or Omega pressure meter will cost about $500 and $40 to calibrate every year or so. I bought a digital a few years ago but only use it for troubleshooting evap codes. I trust it to within 1/10 psi but I’m not going to hook it up to some nasty tire.

I've got an ARB deflator, and a kobalt gauge on my inflation hose. I figure if either is off 2-3 lbs it's going to be consistent across all 4 tires. A few pounds wont hurt anything in my opinion

I carry the Joe's Racing 0-30psi gauge. If you ever let other people maintain your Jeep go with a higher range 0-60psi gauge in case they overfill the tire (or else you'll ruin the 0-30psi gauge).

I have 3 digital gauges. One is a Matco inflator/deflator/gauge that I keep at work. The other is a digital gauge I got for Christmas from my daughter a several years ago that verbally tells me the pressure, and a Radio Shack digital gauge I bought years ago that resides in my wife's car. All three are within 1 psi from each other.

I have an Accu-Gauge that I have used since the mid 1990's. I also purchased one of these which is cheap, easy to use and accurate:

61R8zuqvSOL._SL1300_.jpg

[URL='http://https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BR6Y58X/?tag=wranglerorg-20