Tire Pressure Suggestions

TimmyTJ

Hi All,

Was unable to find previous recommendations for on and off road pressures for 32” tires. I am running new 32x11.5r15, Class C Falken Wildpeak AT3w. No heavy mods so probably close to stock weight.

Thanks a million for any suggestions.

28’ish psi give or take probably. My 33x12.5s are at 28 right now. I’ll probably be dropping to 26 and trying that for awhile. Just waiting on the weather to warm up so I can get the Jeep back out...

I'm running 265/75R16's (32s) on an 8×16 rim and started at 30 and dropped by 1 psi until 26. And it settled the Jeep perfectly. When I went to 25 it started to feel a bit less responsive and began to track odd. Back to 26 and ever6was perfect. So I would start at 26 and if you find it isn't ideal try 1 psi higher. I was surprised 1 psi can be felt.

Piggy backing on Michigan TJ, I also have 31”s and was wondering about tire pressure and braking. My tires are new and when I got them home they were inflated to 45 psi. I dropped them to 35 psi and now plan to drop to around 26 psi. I was wondering if over inflation would change braking characteristics?

When I first got my new tires (load range E :cry:) I just figured those tires were stiff as hell and coming from various trucks over the years I'd learn to live with it. I think it was several months later when I checked the PSI before the first 3 hour trip and found all my tires somewhere in the low 40s. I dropped them all to around 32 PSI and that made a considerable improvement. It was probably another couple months before I read on here to go even lower and went to 26 PSI. They're still on the stiff side but better than before.

As for over inflation changing braking characteristics, over inflation can cause both a larger diameter and a slightly smaller "footprint". Those can effect braking but I don't think over inflation can cause enough of either of those to be noticed. If I'm too far off about that someone will let us know.

Put some miles on this weekend and 28 psi seems perfect for my rig and tire set up. Totally different jeep coming from almost shot m/t’s and can hear myself think even.

Hi,
I saw the recommended 26 psi in the chat and I was wondering if that would work for my 31x10.5R15 (Falken Wildpeak A/T) too. I am currently using 32 psi. Thank you.

Hi,
I saw the recommended 26 psi in the chat and I was wondering if that would work for my 31x10.5R15 (Falken Wildpeak A/T) too. I am currently using 32 psi. Thank you.
Let tire wear be your guide. Outside means too low and center wear means too high. I've done 26 on my current 32s and they wear on the outside so I bumped it to 30 psi to even them out. The numbers people list here are starting points, watch your tires over time and adjust. There is no one correct answer.

Hi All,

Was unable to find previous recommendations for on and off road pressures for 32” tires. I am running new 32x11.5r15, Class C Falken Wildpeak AT3w. No heavy mods so probably close to stock weight.

Thanks a million for any suggestions.

I run the same tire in 33x12.5 x 15.. lightly modded 2000. I keep them at 28psi. Even with the RC N3 shocks (changing them in a few months) the ride is very comfortable and tire wear looks to be in good order.