Tire Question

YellowTJ02

Hello guys, I just joined the forum and just have a question. I have 31X10.5R15 tires and wanted to change them for 33X12.5R15. Is there a problem with the axle or the any other issue I should be aware of?. Please let me know your thoughts.
Regards.
YellowTJ02

Hello guys, I just joined the forum and just have a question. I have 31X10.5R15 tires and wanted to change them for 33X12.5R15. Is there a problem with the axle or the any other issue I should be aware of?. Please let me know your thoughts.
Regards.
YellowTJ02

What kind of axles do you have? If you don't know you can identify your axles here.

In addition to axles, do you have a lift? If so, what kind of lift and what is the lift height?

Sorry for all these questions, but the only way to properly answer your question is to get that information from you.

If your '02 TJ is all stock...33x12.50s won't fit. Might be able to go in a straight line on a flat road but there will be interference with steering and suspension travel.

I bolted on 33x9.50s on my YJ. Then drove 50 miles to get a 2" lift installed. The stock front plastic flares were a wee bit different when I got there. The rear tires only had 1/4" clearance to the body/frame at the front and I had to cut the rear wheel openings to clear the tire.

Reactions: Chris
Chris you've been great at composing all kinds how-to's

I think a sticky about what it takes to fit "x" tires and maybe what lift needs what may be in order

Chris you've been great at composing all kinds how-to's

I think a sticky about what it takes to fit "x" tires and maybe what lift needs what may be in order

Actually, there already is one! Though it's a thread about what size tires will fit stock height. I probably should make one about what size tires you can fit with what lift. That would be helpful!

Reactions: CasterTroy