Tire rack question

Matt77

TJ Enthusiast
Could someone walk me through the process of ordering through tire rack? I went on the website and found the tire I like but does that price include installation and balance? Or how much more is installation and balance? How was the whole experience?

Give your local tire shops a chance to meet or beat Tire Rack pricing. If you come into a local tire shop with a printout of the Tire Rack pricing odds are very good they can match if not beat it. It'll help keep your local neighbors and friends employed. And if you have a future tire problem you can take care of it locally, eyeball to eyeball. :)

Give your local tire shops a chance to meet or beat Tire Rack pricing. If you come into a local tire shop with a printout of the Tire Rack pricing odds are very good they can match if not beat it. It'll help keep your local neighbors and friends employed. And if you have a future tire problem you can take care of it locally, eyeball to eyeball. :)
Funny you say that. When i went down to pepboys and asked about cooper stt pros. The manager told me to order them from tire rack and they would install them. Pepboys is an installer for them. I could not believe they would not even give me a price to get them.
I did end up going to a local shop small shop. They had them in 2 weeks. They are hard to get (at least at the time I bought them)

Reactions: Matt77
Could someone walk me through the process of ordering through tire rack? I went on the website and found the tire I like but does that price include installation and balance? Or how much more is installation and balance? How was the whole experience?

Like Jerry B mentioned give your local tire shop a try. Discount Tire in my town matched the price tire rack showed on their website. Of course mounting n balancing was extra. All I had to do was show rep the price on their web site for the tires I wanted (BF Goodrich KO2).

Like Jerry B mentioned give your local tire shop a try. Discount Tire in my town matched the price tire rack showed on their website. Of course mounting n balancing was extra. All I had to do was show rep the price on their web site for the tires I wanted (BF Goodrich KO2).
How much more was mounting and balancing per tire if can remember?

Discount Tire or their sister company America's Tire store says they will match or beat any online quote if carry the exact same tire.

How much more was mounting and balancing per tire if can remember?

I pulled up the invoice and it came out to $43.75 per tire. That includes their road hazard warranty, which has come in handy in past. The tires tho were listed at over $200 ea on discount tire website, and they matched the tire rack price of $139 ea.