Tire Rack?

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Since I have been having so much problem getting good tire work done in my area, I was on the tire rack page, and found a set of wheels and tires. There are even a better deal than Discount Tire, and they do road force balance. They say they are inspected and will not leave the place without a road force balance. Discount Tire doesn't even offer that in the price of their tires. Also no tax and no shipping, and free lugs

I have a set of in my cart. I was just wondering if anybody had any good or bad experiences with them? Seems like a pretty good deal. Looks like it takes 2-3 days after I order and delivers to my Door woo hoo!

Thanks in advance

Tire Rack is awesome to deal with, you won't have a single problem dealing with them whatsoever. Their customer service is excellent as well. Dealt with them many, many times!

Reactions: Dawghouse and ac_
Since I have been having so much problem getting good tire work done in my area, I was on the tire rack page, and found a set of wheels and tires. There are even a better deal than Discount Tire, and they do road force balance. They say they are inspected and will not leave the place without a road force balance. Discount Tire doesn't even offer that in the price of their tires. Also no tax and no shipping, and free lugs

I have a set of in my cart. I was just wondering if anybody had any good or bad experiences with them? Seems like a pretty good deal. Looks like it takes 2-3 days after I order and delivers to my Door woo hoo!

Thanks in advance
what did you find? type? are you going to make me cry with what i paid for mine?

Reactions: ac_
what did you find? type? are you going to make me cry with what i paid for mine?

Looking to get some new American Racing wheels satin black with Cooper stt pros 5 each mounted balanced delivered with lugs no shipping nor tax for just a hair over 1600.

Did you happen to look at the wheels/tires @tomtaylz is selling?
That is basically what I am looking for, but I don't think he could get them to me for the price I am paying brand new mounted balanced out the door. He really needs to sell those locally.

I feel his pain because I bought mine just before Christmas this last year, and mine are pretty much brand new. I don't think my girlfriend wants them for her jeep, so I am going to have to sell mine locally; But they will fit on my new tent trailer, so I am thinking about just keeping them for that.

Yeah, shipping might be some. @Chris, how much did it cost to have your Moabs shipped to him? I would guess that it's about the same distance wise?

Yeah, shipping might be some. @Chris, how much did it cost to have your Moabs shipped to him? I would guess that it's about the same distance wise?

$200. @tomtaylz had shipping arranged via https://www.uship.com (which I have used plenty of times before as well).

Some guy stopped by in his pickup truck, picked them up from me, and drove them down to @tomtaylz on his way to deliver a boat. Didn't have to put them on a pallet or anything. Probably the simplest shipping transaction I've ever done.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Happy to work with you if you're interested but I don't blame you if you just buy new as thats a pretty great price on tire rack! Thats for 5? It's huge they do the balancing for free, I think I paid a couple hundred for mounting and balancing locally. Just a note I'm out of town until the 31st so there would be a bit of a delay.

UShip was pretty great, from the way I understand it it is people who have extra room while hauling stuff around the country, they can bid on your items and then you just negotiate/deal. The guy was very flexible. Tires are probably pretty easy for them as they sort of protect themselves, I decided to buy the tires and had everything arranged with Chris in like two hours at 11pm at night.

Don't feel obligated though, I'm sure I can move them fairly quickly when I get back, haven't put that much effort in yet due to traveling, only just got the 4 moabs on before I left :D

Last edited:
Looking to get some new American Racing wheels satin black with Cooper stt pros 5 each mounted balanced delivered with lugs no shipping nor tax for just a hair over 1600.
Just got mine
20180723_160407.jpg

To bad its 115 outside. I would like to go on a drive

To bad its 115 outside. I would like to go on a drive
Being the great thread derailer that I am (Just ask @Chris!), I feel the need to say that when I read about the triple-digit temperatures that you southern guys deal with, all I can think of is "Oh, Hell no!" I couldn't do it. I can barely tolerate 80 degree weather. I don't know how you guys do it...

Being the great thread derailer that I am (Just ask @Chris!), I feel the need to say that when I read about the triple-digit temperatures that you southern guys deal with, all I can think of is "Oh, Hell no!" I couldn't do it. I can barely tolerate 80 degree weather. I don't know how you guys do it...
@Boinked is a real man, He does it topless! I need the AC and my top on to keep my poor bald spot from turning red!

Seems everyone’s getting STT pros these days. @JMT started the movement. They’re mean looking tires.
True, true, they do look mean. It took a lot of research to land on those tires. I had the GY Wrangler MT/R w Kevlar before. Good crawling tires, not as impressive onroad. Perhaps mine were old since they came on the Jeep from the P.O. I had a couple of incidences in the rain where I hit the brakes and just slid like I was on ice. The STT’s had attested from user experience pretty good onroad driving habits, and excellent off-road. Another issue that led me to the decision was the Armor Tek, which strengthens the sidewall. I really felt that to be necessary for me since I crawl on the rocks. Without that need a person could have a lot more options. Since the purchase I can attest to 7/10 performance onroad, 9/10 on rocks, 9/10 on mud. Longevity I can’t report on yet. It’s the second generation STT’s, and my tire guy had some on his truck for 50,000 + miles and thinks they are the absolute best. @bobthetj03 did not get that kind of longevity at all out of his first generations. My biggest concern when buying them was balancing. I had read they don’t balance well. Yet, when I had my 33” STT’s mounted and balanced, they were perfect, and an improvement over my 31’s GY’s. I rotate every 5,000 miles and have one rotation done so far. I think it might come down to the guy behind the machine! But I’m sure there are always lemon tires out there. 10/10 on meanness, no doubt there!

True, true, they do look mean. It took a lot of research to land on those tires. I had the GY Wrangler MT/R w Kevlar before. Good crawling tires, not as impressive onroad. Perhaps mine were old since they came on the Jeep from the P.O. I had a couple of incidences in the rain where I hit the brakes and just slid like I was on ice. The STT’s had attested from user experience pretty good onroad driving habits, and excellent off-road. Another issue that led me to the decision was the Armor Tek, which strengthens the sidewall. I really felt that to be necessary for me since I crawl on the rocks. Without that need a person could have a lot more options. Since the purchase I can attest to 7/10 performance onroad, 9/10 on rocks, 9/10 on mud. Longevity I can’t report on yet. It’s the second generation STT’s, and my tire guy had some on his truck for 50,000 + miles and thinks they are the absolute best. @bobthetj03 did not get that kind of longevity at all out of his first generations. My biggest concern when buying them was balancing. I had read they don’t balance well. Yet, when I had my 33” STT’s mounted and balanced, they were perfect, and an improvement over my 31’s GY’s. I rotate every 5,000 miles and have one rotation done so far. I think it might come down to the guy behind the machine! But I’m sure there are always lemon tires out there. 10/10 on meanness, no doubt there!

Funny you say about sliding on ice. The other day it was pouring and had been all day. On my way home from work I was driving down a 3 lane arterial, and this old geyser was taking his time crossing 6 lanes of traffic, and he didn't judge well, so needles to say I had to hammer my brakes, and I slid like I was on ice, with my Duratracs. I like everything else about them, but they have scared me more than once in the rain on the road, so I am excited about hearing that. I also have never had a flat in my life, and with in the first month I had a sidewall puncture in one of my rear wheels. It was a tiny allen wrench. I would have thought any other tire would have just pushed it aside, but I considered it a fluke because its never happened to me before.

Now you got me pumped up to get new tires!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
@Boinked is a real man, He does it topless! I need the AC and my top on to keep my poor bald spot from turning red!
I did not get it on the freway yet. It was melt your balls hot outside. I might drive it into work Thursday and give it a good highway run. 25 miles on them new gears.
Every thing feels great at 45-50 but it is s real pain looking at my phone to see how fast im really going. New speedometer gear is on order.

Reactions: ac_
I just tried to get a set of 5 rims and 33" tires from Tirerack, but they called and said since the Dick Cepek Blackout rims were 15x8 they couldn't mount and balance the 33"'s for liability reasons, that I need a min of 5.8 width to do 33's

Reactions: Bruce20 and ac_