Tire rotation

I do an alternating pattern of front to back and then left to right on my vehicles with four tires. Every 5,000 miles makes it easy to remember. 75,000...80,000...85,000...etc

My Jeep has five tires in the rotation. Two of them were replaced and have a bit more tread than the other three. So I put those two on the front and go left to right, while cycling the rear tires and spare tire position in an effort to get the tread depth even again. I do them every 1,000 miles because I hardly ever drive the Jeep.

This is correct for a RWD vehicle...

869FB5BE-527C-4A20-9826-415BDEB8F07F.jpeg

If you alternate left to right and then front to back like I do then it is very easy to do the rotation with two jacks. Otherwise you need to get all four tires off the ground or do a choreographed dance with the floor jacks up and down.

But you only need to buy 4. :unsure:

True, but then you are buying them a year earlier. Oh wait, that could be cheaper than buying them a year later with inflation factored in. But then again you are buying the next set two years earlier. So what to do? Hmmm, as Mr Blaine said, Math is hard.
By the way, any of you 'Merican's running balloon tyresšŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Then your other 4 tires will wear out 20% faster!

Since Iā€™m retired & donā€™t really even have a daily driver I donā€™t imagine that I would wear out the treads before they ā€œage outā€ (6 years is my limit for risk tolerance). I still do 5 tire rotation in case I decide to get completely different tires next time (brand, size, MT/AT, etc). Then they would still all be the same. ā€˜Just my thing. Iā€™m just strange that way.

Reactions: TJ Jim and Vtx531