Tire size and gear ratio

sgtjdgelinas

TJ Enthusiast
So unlike most people on here who bought a stock Jeep with intentions of lifting it, I bought one lifted and intend on lowering it to a height I'm more comfortable in. So I have some questions.
First, what's a good tire size for drivability with 4:88 gears, 4.0 5 speed, I've read some run 33's and others say 33's rev too high. It still has the Dana 35.
Second, what's a good wheel width and back spacing for 35X12.5 or 33x12.5, I'd like to use stock or steel wheels for it.
All input would be appreciated, thank you.

How do you plan on driving it? If you're going to beheading out to Uwharrie quite a bit then stick with 33x12.5. If you're primarily driving on surface streets and only once in a very blue moon pushing her on harder trails then go with 33x10.5.

How do you plan on driving it? If you're going to beheading out to Uwharrie quite a bit then stick with 33x12.5. If you're primarily driving on surface streets and only once in a very blue moon pushing her on harder trails then go with 33x10.5.
There's not much for wheeling in the local area so I would be driving to uwharrie or Carolina beach so I'd like it to perform well on the highway. Would the back spacing be similar for 10.5 vs 12.5?