Tire suggestions please

Stupid question, but why go with 8s?

You don't need to. I was only suggesting 15x8 if you aren't happy with what you already have. 15x8 would future proof your wheel situation if you ever decided to go wider down the line you wouldn't need to buy new wheels all over again like me. When I bought my Jeep I bought new 15x7s and 31x10.5x15s. A few years later when I decided to do a lift and go to 33x12.5x15 tires, the 15x7s were too narrow and I needed to buy new wheels. The cost difference isn't all that much I will never recommend anybody buy new 15x7 wheels.

Reactions: JP98
31x10.50 will fit. You may have to add a washer or two behind the steering stops to avoid rubbing at full lock which is simple to do.

Remember, the narrower tire will perform better on-road. The wider tire is going to give you more advantage off-road, especially when aired down. However, that wider tire is also going to cause potential clearance issues, depending on how wide it is.

You could also go for an inexpensive budget boost kit if you want to stuff 32 or 33s under there. But Like @Chris a narrower tire will be better for traction in the snow. I've seen photos of TJs with 33x10.5 and they look good!

Another option is you can pickup practically brand new JK take offs (wheels and tires) for super cheap and get adapters that will allow you to run them on a TJ. I believe the largest JK tires from factory are 32x10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris