Tired of seeing knock off products pushed here

Years ago we had a non union grocery store that was being picketed by the union that represented grocery store workers. I asked my union friend who worked for a union store when was he going to walk the picket line to show support. His answer, "Screw that, we pay minimum wage to non union part time people from a temp service to walk and hold our signs". The news station got word of their actions and reported the hypocrisy. 20 years later and we don't have a single union grocery store.
I'm not against unions. in fact I was a local chairman of the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) and a member for my entire railroad career. I've always said, The only company that has a union is one that did something to their employees to deserve it.

The military bullets are made in China.
We closed most of our factory here in the USA.
Fact check..? This is a bit hard to believe. I know for a fact all their issued and authentic uniforms are made in America. There is a law mandating it.

When I was in Afghanistan we used lake city ammo. The M14 guys were issued ammo from the 40’s and 50’s. I saw it with my own eyes.

Reactions: StG58
Fact check..? This is a bit hard to believe. I know for a fact all their issued and authentic uniforms are made in America. There is a law mandating it.

When I was in Afghanistan we used lake city ammo. The M14 guys were issued ammo from the 40’s and 50’s. I saw it with my own eyes.
First of, thank you for your service sir.

Even the unions here in the states hires non union protesters to help them out on rallies, that makes me doubt about the patriotism of our people when it comes to their bottom line.

I happen to travel for so many times on business trips and saw so many made in America stickers in China, even our flags in so many suppliers, garments and badges, etc. I do not expect anyone to believe on what I say about this topic but these are what I saw in my 20 years of business travel.

Global economy does not mean "Made in America" is really made in America. American companies are in China making our products by non American labor. Now, Built in America or assembled in America may apply to that law mandated by the politicians who has mostly personal private investments in China, in which I know a few.

Last edited:
26907821_1090543784421477_8381743285563709074_n.jpg

Now to find out how much “manufacturing” is done in that particular plant would be nice to know. I am proud that people are at-least trying to bring it back. It wont happen overnight, It takes a village to make a big change. Sure some manufactures will take advantage of marketing schemes and gimmicks but at the end of the day it’s hard to bring a knock off to the same table as an original product. The original wasnt just reversed engineered.

What is interesting is in the example I posted, the knock off product didn't use the same parts to build the headlight. They took shortcuts, they used cheaper parts, they lack quality in a lot of places. And that is how they lower the price, fact. Thus effecting their final product. They probably could not use the same parts to build the light and it come out cheaper, if they could I firmly believe they would.

And its interesting how well the rip off companies marketing has worked on consumers. People really believe that a knock off JW or Trucklite is practically the same quality product and produces the same light output and so fourth as the real thing.

Sure, made in America is great to say and stand behind but not always attainable, I understand that. And hopefully in the next ten years a lot of that will change for the better.

What about when it comes to things that your life depends on?

An example would be choosing between Torin jack stands ($35/pair) or US jack Co stands ($150/pair).

I will point out that most jack stands are rated for their weight as a PAIR. The US Jack Co stands are rated for that weight individually.

Would the supposed higher quality be worth the price? What about “mid grade” products that are still made overseas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro