TJ 2004 Wrangler 5spd

Doesn’t Luk sell a heavy duty clutch? 05-06 are different than 97-04. Looks like this is for the 04. I don’t know whether the specs include handling 380hp.

LUK CLUTCH KIT+HD FLYWHEEL WORKS WITH JEEP CHEROKEE GRAND XJ ZJ WJ WRANGLER YJ TJ 4.0L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHVQ46V/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
Second try

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

I'd call Centerforce and get a dual friction plate clutch from them...but I'd talk with someone there and make sure it falls under their design specifications.

How much boost to hit 380?

No intercooler? Or is that a heat exchanger on the right?

-Mac

Yes, has intercooler and only running low boost at this stage 8, anymore than 380 gear box will spit out

Kudos. Surprised you didn't drop a Barra or LS in...love it and want more pics or videos!

I have a Luk on my stock HP 97 TJ. Wife has a Centerforce dual with a heavy flywheel on her 3.6 JK...no HP need...she burns clutches.

-Mac

• Haha
Reactions: Tob
Yes, I did consider putting small V8 Hemi in car but our rego costs in Aus very high for V8, Barra well I am Mopar Man. Car is nice to drive just sorting out clutch issue, also feel under bonnet heat is high. Once little things sorted will do a full tune up. US company that supplied blower have been great to deal with and always respond quickly to questions which is great specially distance wise..